OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update you guys. Cycle has finished and I'm just trying to figure out how to light my 25 gallon lagoon so I can switch over the light I have on it which the xr15w G4 place that on this tank and get a light for the 25.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0440.JPG

Media reactor just arrived. Solid reactor for anyone who's looking for any internal media reactor up to 60 gallons.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! Can't wait to see where this thing goes. I like that you're not using a sump too

Thanks! I just wanted to show the hobbyists that you don't have to have a sump to have an amazing fish tank. This would go towards more of those who don't have the space nor money or ability to have a simp. Going for the sleek design and beautiful elegant look can still be achieved with hang on the back equipment. It doesn't always have to be sump sump sump. Sometimes hang on the back is the only way to have a reef tank so figured Id give a prime example of how it doesn't always have to be an eye sore.

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light did you go with for the smaller tank? I'm going to do an SPS dominant 32g as a side project.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light did you go with for the smaller tank? I'm going to do an SPS dominant 32g as a side project.

I went with the aquamaxx prism simply because it's cost effective, best bang for your buck, and I'm only going to be either housing rose bubble tip anemones or mangroves and making it a saltwater planted tank.

j_wey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="Joeganja, They just released a new model called the prism and I have both and I like the prism's design and overall controllability much better.[/QUOTE]

I am interested in getting the new Aquamaxx Prism 36" light. Is the new model much brighter than the old model? How about the colors, is it much improved? In addition, can you set the color and intensity on-demand using the new controller and how easy it is to do it?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back