Joe's innovative Marine Lagoon 25

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seriously considering this tank. What is the internal width? Can't find any info online. Is it about 17". Also, did you end up getting the XR15?

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's close to that. Honesty doesn't fit in my budget right now. I'm staying with the hydra 26 just because it gives the full coverage and I have it on hand and I love it

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's close to that. Honesty doesn't fit in my budget right now. I'm staying with the hydra 26 just because it gives the full coverage and I have it on hand and I love it

Thanks...yeah budget will be a concern on this one as it'll be a 2nd tank. I've had both the XR15 g5 and AI Prime before. I may go with the Prime.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. I just want to take the time and tell everyone a little about my tank. What kind of filtration I run as well as equipment and why.
Tank is an Innovative Marine lagoon 25
So Seachem Laboratories, Inc is a company that I've been with since I started about 11 years ago. And I just have been with it since day one. Using their salt for 5 years and their media as well as additives purely because it's a good brand and it's reasonably priced. When I was just starting I heard that try to stay within the same brand with chemicals because of various reasons and whether it's true or not I've been happy with the results. So as far as media wise I just use seachem matrix bio media, seachem purigen in the bag, and for additives I use their line of aquavitro calcification and ions and that's only when needed to raise up calcium and magnesium. And I do once a week 5 gallon water change using seachem reef salt my favorite salt and I always recommend it because it dissolves easily and it has good amounts of all the reef "essential elements". I use an aquamaxx hob-1 skimmer which I absolutely love and recommend and it's by far my favorite skimmer ever. Barely a break in period. Bulk reef supply pukani rock is the rock of my choice, it's very porous and allows for a ton of beneficial bacteria and then for this tank I used Coraline gravel by CaribSea Brands . Took this approach with dry rather than live just because I like the gravel size and it's working well so far. Helps add to the "lagoon" look. Return pump is stock that came with the tank. And then for a circulation/wave maker I have a mp10qdw. I feed Fauna Marin USA LLC lps color and growth pellets for all the acans and lobos and favias and I feed the fish mysis soaked in once again seachem garlic guard. I use carbon off and on about once a month of every couple of months for about a week or so. Fluval E-Series 100watt heater. I have an Neptune Systems apex with a leak detection module with solid surface probe, Double Junction pH probe, temp probe.

Lighting is a AquaIllumination Hydra 26 non-hd and the settings are:
Sunrise: 1:00pm
Sunset: 9:00pm
Ramp time: 1 hour
Favor: Blues
Sweep: Uniform

White: 20%
Violet: 60%
Red: 15%
Green: 15%
Deep Blue: 80%
Royal Blue: 80%
UV: 50%

At night it's just 1% UV

My parameters-
Nitrates: 3-5ppm
Phosphate: 1-2ppm
Salinity: 1.024
Temp: 80F
Calcium: 370ppm
Magnesium: 1140
Alkalinity: 7.6 dkh
Iron: 0.10 ppm
Iodine: 0.06ppm
Potassium: 362pm
pH: 7.9-8.1 (at night drops to 7.84)

Stocklist:
6 year old maroon clown
Royal gramma
Blue chromis
Blue damsel
2x cleaner shrimp
Conch
Bunch of crabs and snails and 2 large Mexican turbo snails

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1811.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG
IMG_2633.JPG
IMG_3024.JPG

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back