OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So, i had an alk swing and that kicked off a lot of instability in my grow out/frag system. Had some STN and in general the acros struggled big time. Anyway things are looking like they are stabilizing again and some of the acros are bouncing back so i'm trying to get back in the swing of things. This is my TCK Pikachu
p5.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, i had an alk swing and that kicked off a lot of instability in my grow out/frag system. Had some STN and in general the acros struggled big time. Anyway things are looking like they are stabilizing again and some of the acros are bouncing back so i'm trying to get back in the swing of things. This is my TCK Pikachu
p5.jpg
That piece is looking pretty happy to me. Anytime I see skeleton outgrowing zoox like that, I am feeling pretty good.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
275-350 not as much as i thought actually. it is at the top of my rock work but on the back side and partially under a brace. Its a cool acro, looks awesome and is a decent grower if you can find that sweet spot, and it can get pretty hairy, much more than mine is showing in that pic.

I have some new frags coming tomorrow and i'm getting excited too, its always exciting getting some new coral.

AcroFan144

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used both Radions and Kessils, which one do you prefer? Any difference in Acropora color or growth?
Amazing corals btw :)

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tank and tips! I have started growing SPS and It's nerve rattling to me.. but, everyone is growing! :)

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Having used both Radions and Kessils, which one do you prefer? Any difference in Acropora color or growth?
Amazing corals btw :)
I like the radions better for my display tank, i think they have a little better coverage and power. but i specifically like the kessils for my frag tank for a couple reasons. one the lights i use to display my frags at swaps are kessils and that way i know what they are going to look like at the swaps. and two i also like just being able to reach up and turn a knob if i want to see them with a little more blue or white for pics or just my own viewing enjoyment.

i haven't noticed a real difference in growth or color, or i should say there is a difference in growth and color but there are just too many variables to know how much is due to the lights and the lights are likely not set to the same color spectrum, my frag tank is a pretty different environment than my display. I do think they are both great lights and both grow coral. Sorry if that isn't very helpful.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your tank and tips! I have started growing SPS and It's nerve rattling to me.. but, everyone is growing! :)
Its still nerve rattling for me too, my frag system is still recovering from a mistake i made and that has made me a little nervous, it looks like most everything is starting to get back to normal, maybe once everything is growing and looking good again i can relax.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
another pic of one of my cherry bomb colonies, settings were a little off and some of the light colors are too bright and washed out but i still thought it was a cool pic, polyps show up well. i like shooting the cherry bomb it always seems happy with nice polyp extension, wish i could say that for all of my acros.
CB.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since i added something, still having ups and downs but this one is starting to look like something. and i thought the picture turned out really nice.

CC pink highlighter
ph11.jpg
Awesome thread and gorgeous acros! Pink Highlighter is definitely on my list. How do you like it compared to the other Tenuises?

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Awesome thread and gorgeous acros! Pink Highlighter is definitely on my list. How do you like it compared to the other Tenuises?
I really like it, i think mine still has a lot of untapped potential, just starting to color up. While it lost some color it has survived some alk swings since i got it, so it doesn't seem to be too sensitive.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like it, i think mine still has a lot of untapped potential, just starting to color up. While it lost some color it has survived some alk swings since i got it, so it doesn't seem to be too sensitive.
It’s been a very hardy Tenuis for me as well…and probably the fastest grower I have. I’ve noticed, in my system, lower par brings out the pinks.
Here’s my back up in 200 par
98ABFBA6-FC06-4596-82F9-F32674956EA6.jpeg
B7B5F7E5-5D7F-4D58-8E86-0677DBB23D45.jpeg

And here’s my original colony in 400 par
697DBEDC-A3A1-411D-AF09-62EAB427B911.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back