JoeSchmo's Reefer 170

Hello R2R!

My reefer's 6th month since cycling birthday is in two days. Right now things are looking good. I've been auto-dosing alk and cal for a month or so and that is keeping things pretty stable. Just did my first dose of mag yesterday. I've been occasionally dosing phos and nitrates to keep them detectable. I was getting loads of algae for a while from that, but things seem to be equalizing and the water has cleared up. Several new coral have been added as well. So far so good. It's been a fun journey so far!

Happy Reefing!
Joe

 
congrats... :cool: growth on duncan is great..;)
 
Hello R2R!

My reefer's 6th month since cycling birthday is in two days. Right now things are looking good. I've been auto-dosing alk and cal for a month or so and that is keeping things pretty stable. Just did my first dose of mag yesterday. I've been occasionally dosing phos and nitrates to keep them detectable. I was getting loads of algae for a while from that, but things seem to be equalizing and the water has cleared up. Several new coral have been added as well. So far so good. It's been a fun journey so far!

Happy Reefing!
Joe


Nice video Joe! I hear you on the nitrates and phosphates mine went from 20s to zeros now. I’ve tried feeding more we’ll see. Love the fire fish I went with the same! Mine hides a lot though.
 
Joe, how did your algae battle go? I’m in a similar predicament. I like this favia you have it looks like my flame boi favia, what is yours called?
45F732FD-D21A-44AD-AACD-C0ACADFDAC48.jpeg
 
Nice video Joe! I hear you on the nitrates and phosphates mine went from 20s to zeros now. I’ve tried feeding more we’ll see. Love the fire fish I went with the same! Mine hides a lot though.

What do you use for video editing?

Thank you! I lucked out and got a fire fish that is always out as long as the lights are on. He doesn't hide at all until it's dark. For video editing, I use Vegas Movie Studio. It's not a cheap program but does a great job. I've used it for years.
Joe, how did your algae battle go? I’m in a similar predicament. I like this favia you have it looks like my flame boi favia, what is yours called?
45F732FD-D21A-44AD-AACD-C0ACADFDAC48.jpeg

The algae battle continues, unfortunately. Right now I'm dealing with a bubble algae outbreak. I'm guessing it was a hitch hiker on a frag. I'm trying a regimen of Vibrant right now, so we'll see how things go. I'm not sure the name of the favia. Unfortunately, it has bleached quite a bit. I'm not sure where it needs to be for best results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new