John Guest Fittings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just bought your new 6x12 dual calcium reactor. I'm curious about the line in and line out. I'd prefer to have quick connect / John Guest fittings so that I can use RODI line and plumb it off my return pump. Is that possible and how can I get the fittings?

Also, how could I add a flow meter to the line so that I can judge the outflow?

If these are items I can get from you all let me know and I'll be happy to get you paid. If they are already included in the kit even better. I'm trying to plumb a new tank build and wanted to get it laid out before Friday (when the reactor arrives).

Thanks!

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off thank you for your support of the GEO Calcium Reactor line!

All three connections on the manifold of the GEO CR612X2 are 1/8" FNPT. So all you need is 3 John Guest fittings with 1/8" MNPT. I do have them but it would be quicker if you pick them up locally at a hardware store?

To measure the effluent flow pick up an inexpensive graduated cylinder that measures 50 or 100 ml. You could add an inline flow meter but they usually end up clogging and more maintanace is require to keep them flowing correctly.

If it is easier for you I can send you these supplies: send me an email to [email protected] and add your full name, shipping address, phone number and email and I will send you an invoice you can pay online.

Thank you I hope that helps!

safe_image.php

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! I appreciate your shipping these out. My hardware store is bare bones for the most part.

Terry Mulhern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just bought your new 6x12 dual calcium reactor. I'm curious about the line in and line out. I'd prefer to have quick connect / John Guest fittings so that I need to write a paper and I can use RODI line and plumb it off my return pump. Is that possible and how can I get the fittings?

If these are items I can get from you all let me know and I'll be happy to get you paid. If they are already included in the kit even better. I'm trying to plumb a new tank build and wanted to get it laid out before Friday (when the reactor arrives).

Thanks!

Hi there,

Have you used the RO/DI Flood Guardian? I've got Reef Octopus CR140 Calcium Reactor the other day and still can't decide which variant of the RO/DI filter will be the best option. I found the topic here too https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ro-di-water-into-calcium-reactor.239266/ , but my task is a bit different.

Last edited:

benstill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just bought your new 6x12 dual calcium reactor. I'm curious about the line in and line out. I'd prefer to have quick connect / John Guest fittings so that I can use RODI line and plumb it off my return pump. Is that possible and how can I get the fittings?

Thanks!

Exactly the same issue I had

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back