Reefmat 500
Slide out door
Simplicity Return pump

2 AI Hydra 32's (1 Hydra 32 on IM 40)
Nero 5
Nero 3 (have one on the 40)
Ai Prime Fuge

IM 15 gallon ato
IM Helio 200W Heater (on IM40, will added a 150 Watt probe)
Tunze 3155

Will be ordering a Clearview lid...

Will post pick once it arrives.... Waiting on Reefmat, was able to preorder it today. My LFS has theirs set up on show tank,

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today’s project.

BC4EF83F-3D06-4DE3-83BC-1549E697B19F.jpeg

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, probably the wrong thread to post, but I saw the comment about early reviews, so rather than just leave a picture of a box () here are my thoughts after installing a Reefmat 500 yesterday.

1. I modified the sump of a RSR XL300 while filled. I used Red Sea’s kit. So, it’s possible. But it is not nearly as quick, at least for me, as stated in the video. No way. At least an hour. I was able to grab a bunch of the silicone, but some obviously got into the sump and tank. Ironically, the Reefmat is catching a bunch of it.

2. Space. It’s big. Comparable the my ClariSea SK5000 (which is the larger version). The flexible hose makes install VERY easy but the bend in it wastes a pretty good amount of space.

3. I cracked the Red Sea 32MM after the gate valve with PVC cutters after an easy as butter first cut. I should have left it alone! I have it working now (see the zip ties in pic), but it’s noisy and getting air into the Reefmat. I am likely going to have my LFS plumb this differently; among other reasons, I want to save the space andattach the emergency overflow to the RM unit.

4. I loved my ClariSea SK5000 and the customer service via Ecotech. Zero complaints. But the Reefmat, assuming it ends up working out long term, just makes the CS feel out of date.

5. One day in, and it’s taking stuff out of the tank. The roll coming out looks like a dirty filter sock, which I take as a good sign that the roll isn’t advancing too quickly.

6. It does seem “skimmer friendly.” Brand new roll and zero effect on the skimmer.

863156B3-35EC-47AB-9A3B-91DC4606D40A.jpeg

OP
OP
AZReef13

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, probably the wrong thread to post, but I saw the comment about early reviews, so rather than just leave a picture of a box () here are my thoughts after installing a Reefmat 500 yesterday.

1. I modified the sump of a RSR XL300 while filled. I used Red Sea’s kit. So, it’s possible. But it is not nearly as quick, at least for me, as stated in the video. No way. At least an hour. I was able to grab a bunch of the silicone, but some obviously got into the sump and tank. Ironically, the Reefmat is catching a bunch of it.

2. Space. It’s big. Comparable the my ClariSea SK5000 (which is the larger version). The flexible hose makes install VERY easy but the bend in it wastes a pretty good amount of space.

3. I cracked the Red Sea 32MM after the gate valve with PVC cutters after an easy as butter first cut. I should have left it alone! I have it working now (see the zip ties in pic), but it’s noisy and getting air into the Reefmat. I am likely going to have my LFS plumb this differently; among other reasons, I want to save the space andattach the emergency overflow to the RM unit.

4. I loved my ClariSea SK5000 and the customer service via Ecotech. Zero complaints. But the Reefmat, assuming it ends up working out long term, just makes the CS feel out of date.

5. One day in, and it’s taking stuff out of the tank. The roll coming out looks like a dirty filter sock, which I take as a good sign that the roll isn’t advancing too quickly.

6. It does seem “skimmer friendly.” Brand new roll and zero effect on the skimmer.

863156B3-35EC-47AB-9A3B-91DC4606D40A.jpeg
What are you thoughts on the reefmat, mine is sitting in box waiting on tank to get here, 5/27 is the scheduled delivery date....

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you thoughts on the reefmat, mine is sitting in box waiting on tank to get here, 5/27 is the scheduled delivery date....
It really is great. I have other RS gear and I’d say it’s very good—e.g., the RSK skimmer, but not great. Same with the ReedLED90. But my experiences with their 4 head doser and the Reefmat have been fantastic. And the ReefBeat app, although not perfect, is waaaay better than 12-14 months ago.

OP
OP
AZReef13

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for great feedback.. Will Be using AI 32 Hydras HD, Only the 2 Chanel loser pump. I use Reef 4 Reef, I was debating a different Skimmer, but the bundle price on Red Skimmer won me over. Plus have the Reef Mat

Can't wait to post Pic on the Build

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for great feedback.. Will Be using AI 32 Hydras HD, Only the 2 Chanel loser pump. I use Reef 4 Reef, I was debating a different Skimmer, but the bundle price on Red Skimmer won me over. Plus have the Reef Mat

Can't wait to post Pic on the Build
I converted to AFR after I purchased the 4 head doser. Also changed from NoPox to Bacto Balance after bottoming out nutrients. No regrets. I’d probably have gone with the 2 channel, although I do like having the extra head to dose AB+ when I am away.

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your setup. I like hearing positive reviews about the reefmat. I just ordered mine on Friday from KonaReef. Cleaning socks isn't fun anymore.

OP
OP
AZReef13

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more updates, Installed 3dreefer diffusers for my A! 32"s. Also lights are on

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpeg
    IMG_0160.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP