OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red Monti setosa has been growing on me (rimshot). I like how it has filled in horizontally and created a maze of branches that the firefish uses as the entrance to his cave.
1716589269989.jpeg

1716589281579.jpeg

He's popping in and out much more frequently lately.

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this 3D printed stand for the Eheim autofeeder. Could get another one for the AT-AT:
1681944662097.png

Also thought about putting it in with an encrusting SPS frag in a cool color that might cover it over. Like this guy for a Hoth theme:

or maybe this one:

Long overdue but great tank (and thread)! One question for you, where did you get the stand for the Eheim feeder? That's genius.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uff, only partway through this new screen/Plank process. Found the only space in the tank that the plank would fit without breaking apart corals. Cut the mesh on the AIO baffle (my custom fish-jumper-through-emergency-overflow shield) to exactly fit the Plank. Looks beautiful! Thanks @AVAST Marine for making the custom AIO baffle fittings! Fits perfectly!

PXL_20240528_220955252.jpg
PXL_20240528_220949761.jpg
PXL_20240528_220946599.jpg

I did have to raise the tube as much as possible, because otherwise it would have been injecting reef jerky right on top of the favia--who may not have minded.

Took precise measurements for the lid cutouts and currently hacksawing window screen framing! A clamp and a level would have just been awesome... Likely going to finish this project tomorrow and start calibrating the Plank!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A plank! I’m so on the fence of getting one!

I think I’m going to. My anthias eat around 5 times a day and they refuse flake. I’m hoping the freeze dried jerky mix will be appealing and delicious to them
I'll report on how it goes. The unit is large for my tank, but found a spot where it just fits. Should have it running tomorrow and none too soon--eheim was moved over to the clown prison and their liquid doser has been clogging so fish are hungry when I get in!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder to self: stop doing DIY, you're not any good at it!

Lid complete. It's not hideous, but not too pretty. A few instruments of DIYerism would have come in handy: a clamp to keep the screen borders steady while hacksawing them, a flexible tape measure to make measurements, something to make fine cuts in the plastic corner pieces (more on that later), ah yes, and a spline tool to replace the one I couldn't find in my fish stuff boxes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20240529_212755050.jpg

PXL_20240529_214435679.jpg

I cut an plastic rod to brace the lid in front of the Plank cutout since it was bowing inward. Seems to work if not a little janky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The internal elbows of the cutout were a problem. I hadn't considered that they are only made to turn a corner in one direction, not make a Z shape. So I had to cut about 2/16" off the side of each internal piece to make them fit backward, which also made them wobbly. The plastic rod helps with that, but to be sure, I also super glued each of the corner pieces in. Apparently the super glue spreads across metal, so now there's a powder white coating stretching out from the corners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stretching and splining the net was a nightmare. Thumb + -80C freezer pin for the job--I can't feel my thumb now--but loud expletives every time a netting square would snap wasn't too great in the office. It got done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least it all fits! Yes, I had to recut pieces because I messed up a few calculations, and it took about 10x longer than a real DIYer would take, but it works!
PXL_20240529_223728925.jpg
PXL_20240529_223738905.jpg
PXL_20240529_233246299.jpg

And best of all, no way any fish can jump through, knock on driftwood! Onward with the wrasse plan!

Tested out the Plank. Love it. The fish were all really curious about what was going on. Even the yellow wrasse was smimming about in the front inspecting all the floating goodies. Reef Jerky, A+! One minute, maybe two is perfect, so didn't need the seconds countdown timer--back ti Amazon you go!--and can just use the wifi strip. Noice!

Next time I'm just paying someone to make a decent product. Better start feeding those nems...
/rant off

Now to start the work I missed doing today... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder to self: stop doing DIY, you're not any good at it!

Lid complete. It's not hideous, but not too pretty. A few instruments of DIYerism would have come in handy: a clamp to keep the screen borders steady while hacksawing them, a flexible tape measure to make measurements, something to make fine cuts in the plastic corner pieces (more on that later), ah yes, and a spline tool to replace the one I couldn't find in my fish stuff boxes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20240529_212755050.jpg

PXL_20240529_214435679.jpg

I cut an plastic rod to brace the lid in front of the Plank cutout since it was bowing inward. Seems to work if not a little janky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The internal elbows of the cutout were a problem. I hadn't considered that they are only made to turn a corner in one direction, not make a Z shape. So I had to cut about 2/16" off the side of each internal piece to make them fit backward, which also made them wobbly. The plastic rod helps with that, but to be sure, I also super glued each of the corner pieces in. Apparently the super glue spreads across metal, so now there's a powder white coating stretching out from the corners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stretching and splining the net was a nightmare. Thumb + -80C freezer pin for the job--I can't feel my thumb now--but loud expletives every time a netting square would snap wasn't too great in the office. It got done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least it all fits! Yes, I had to recut pieces because I messed up a few calculations, and it took about 10x longer than a real DIYer would take, but it works!
PXL_20240529_223728925.jpg
PXL_20240529_223738905.jpg
PXL_20240529_233246299.jpg

And best of all, no way any fish can jump through, knock on driftwood! Onward with the wrasse plan!

Tested out the Plank. Love it. The fish were all really curious about what was going on. Even the yellow wrasse was smimming about in the front inspecting all the floating goodies. Reef Jerky, A+! One minute, maybe two is perfect, so didn't need the seconds countdown timer--back ti Amazon you go!--and can just use the wifi strip. Noice!

Next time I'm just paying someone to make a decent product. Better start feeding those nems...
/rant off

Now to start the work I missed doing today... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks better than mine at least. I hate that the only solutions are overpay for a custom or essentially make it out of cheap screen door.
image.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back