JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goals for the week
1. Frag and glue zoas to rocks
2. Install IM skimmer--yes, I hear it's pretty blah, but mostly interested in the aeration and maybe a little skimming activity since my tank runs low nitrates already.
3. Getting new bubblegum digi + magician palys + white zombie palys + jawbreaker hornets this week!
4. Frag and glue the acros that's currently balancing on a branch of the nem island
5. Set up the 10g frag tank
6. Kill the aiptasia on the rock in QT
7. Water change!
8. Maybe frag the koji wada....

Gonna be a busy week!

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goals for the week
1. Frag and glue zoas to rocks
2. Install IM skimmer--yes, I hear it's pretty blah, but mostly interested in the aeration and maybe a little skimming activity since my tank runs low nitrates already.
3. Getting new bubblegum digi + magician palys + white zombie palys + jawbreaker hornets this week!
4. Frag and glue the acros that's currently balancing on a branch of the nem island
5. Set up the 10g frag tank
6. Kill the aiptasia on the rock in QT
7. Water change!
8. Maybe frag the koji wada....

Gonna be a busy week!
Busy week! I need to get a skimmer for my tank. Any recent tank pics????

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy week! I need to get a skimmer for my tank. Any recent tank pics????
Not in the office on the weekend, so nothing new till tomorrow. This is what I got after cleaning the glass on Fri:
PXL_20230908_162952490.jpg

Still working on the random Valonia bubbles that show up here and there. I expect this will be an ongoing battle, but maybe I'll manage to get them all one day!

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in the office on the weekend, so nothing new till tomorrow. This is what I got after cleaning the glass on Fri:
PXL_20230908_162952490.jpg

Still working on the random Valonia bubbles that show up here and there. I expect this will be an ongoing battle, but maybe I'll manage to get them all one day!
Tank looking good, was browsing through your thread and saw your grafted digi. Yours is encrusting the rock and not growing upwards a lot and mine is not encrusting the rock and growing upwards. Also saw you went to the Cayman Islands. I was there july. Went to Macabuca, Eden rock, saw the bioluminescence. It was great.

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I was looking into getting White Zombies too but was a little apprehensive because the pictures online vary so much from site to site. Some are mostly white, others are neon blue and bright red etc. Will wait to see if my LFS gets some in so I can check them out in person.

By the way what are these ones? (the zoas) I like the size of those and the coloring a lot.

zoas.png

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I was looking into getting White Zombies too but was a little apprehensive because the pictures online vary so much from site to site. Some are mostly white, others are neon blue and bright red etc. Will wait to see if my LFS gets some in so I can check them out in person.

By the way what are these ones? (the zoas) I like the size of those and the coloring a lot.

zoas.png
Daisy Dukes from @Cultivated Reef ! They are one of my favorites for their pattern and also their skirts have two layers, one curling up and one curling down.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

zoas.png
Re: white zombies, I was expecting a bit more white as well, but mine are deeper red. That's going to be my post of the day, actually. Would like to know if lighting will change them or if the color is soecific to certain lineages.

BetteMidler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your NooPsyche K7 Mini lighting, are you able to adjust all three at once? I have two over a 40g Breeder and I only see one at a time in LAN mode. I just use AP mode, connect to one, change all my settings, & save. Then switch to the 2nd one directly in AP mode and it updates. It would be nice if you can do it all at once.

I think I should of went with the Pro's, they seem to have a master/slave function where these do not.

Also, great looking tank! You have gave me a bit of inspiration.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your NooPsyche K7 Mini lighting, are you able to adjust all three at once? I have two over a 40g Breeder and I only see one at a time in LAN mode. I just use AP mode, connect to one, change all my settings, & save. Then switch to the 2nd one directly in AP mode and it updates. It would be nice if you can do it all at once.

I think I should of went with the Pro's, they seem to have a master/slave function where these do not.

Also, great looking tank! You have gave me a bit of inspiration.
Thanks! To you question, I use AP mode and I have not found a way to Master/Slave the units. I don't mind, because I don't change the light very often, but yeah, I have 5 of these now and it can become tedious changing each one individually! Still love them!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New zoas!!

Magicians:
1694624851580.png

White zombies:
1694624897679.png

Also happy to see that my black widow is finally starting to color up and show some spiderweb steaks!
1694624958210.png
White Zombies and Salted Agaves are on my list eventually.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just about to post about how beautiful and clean my new frags were, when what do I spot on the bragging photo?
1694720633080.png

1694720652151.png

Sad Baby GIF
I'm down to 2. Gonna Kalk them here in a bit. I'm going into a meeting and then Kalk the Aips, feed the corals, snow the tank.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great oracle of the Panda, will I ever rid my tank of Valonia and Aiptasia for good?
1694722421940.png
I always add "in bed" to the end of any fortune cookie predictions. Makes things more interesting.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 95 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%

Back