Wrasse compatibility for 75g

If I get them I like the males better. I don’t like the female coloration at all.

Would the H. Claudia and H. Cosmetus be ok? I like those two I think the most out of the Halichoeres category so far.

The black leopard looks awesome too. I really like the gem tang so anything that’s similar coloration to them I think are cool looking. Kinda why I like the squaretail bristletooth. It has the spots and yellow but it’s brown body instead.

H. nebulosus is pretty too. I like •Paracheilinus mccoskeri, •Pseudocheilinus Ocellatus, •Scott’s fairy, •Cirrhilabrus isosceles, •cirrhilabrus laboutei, •c. rubrisquamis, and •c. aurantidorsalis after looking at fairy/flashers.

In terms of males/females is it one male for all wrasses or one male of each species like halichoeres/cirrhilabeus/etc?
You can mix species of each genus, except probably Pseucocheilinus. For Cirrhilabrus, it is worth paying attention to which complex each species comes from. See wrasseguy:
1713997947510.png

Same goes for other genus like Halichoeres, but there's less information readily available about which wrasse belongs to which complex. I would try to avoid mixing species that look similar in color/pattern and shape.

For the wrasses you list, Scott's fairy is probably not a good idea (see aggression level), and C. isosceles could be picked on by any of the other bigger fairies (laboutei, rubrisquamis, aurantidorsalis), but you could also luck out. I try to stay in the green and yellow zone. I haven't had a mccoskeri yet, but most wrasse people speak favorably of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new