Josh's Reefer 350 Reboot

JoshKReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2017
Messages
769
Reaction score
504
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially got into back into the hobby with a used setup, and have been through it all. From a broken seal, velvet wiping me out, to every algae/bacteria known to man. So I decided to take a step back, examine my practices, break it down, and start fresh.

I'll be starting with MarcoRocks dry rock (mainly foundation / shelf rock), dry sand (CaribSea Aragonite Special Grade), and some Prodibio startup.

I started working on my aquascape last night, attached are what I'm thinking, I'd love some feedback.

Here's my equip list.

Reefer 350
Vecton-6: V2 600 25 Watt (not plumbed into return, powered by ~200 gph pump in sump)
Bubble Magus - Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
2x Vortech MP40WQD
Current USA eFlux 6009 DC Flow Pump - 1050GPH
48" LED T5 WIFI POWERMODULE HYBRID

ProfiLux 4 Ultimate Set (Water temperature sensor, pH probe, Redox probe, Conductivity probe)
KH Director
2x Slave Dosers
VorTech-Controller

Hoping to have it all cemented together, and hopefully wet this weekend!

Rock1.jpg


Rock2.jpg


Rock3.jpg


Rock4.jpg
 
Seems like it's missing something. I like the big flat shelf, just seems like it could use a little more height. Idk. Overall I'm digging it. Keep us posted
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new