Jporter's new tank

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0107.JPG

I finally got most of the tank and equipment in place. I may start a build thread, but for now I just wanted to get a picture of under the cabinet. I installed a gate valve on the overflow into the sump and it made the tank virtually silent. As soon as the tank gets past the ugly post cycle stage I will get some rock scape and current corals pictures posted. I've received a lot of help from Urbaneks, and great advise form Hunter, Eric and Elliot. I'm doing minimal rock to leave lots of coral grow out, and swim space. Just a under the cabinet shot For now.

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, that's really clean. I love how all the wires are tucked. I'm trying my best to hide as much wires as possible in my build.

Tell us more about the tank and system. Dimensions, manufacturer, lighting, etc.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean Jeff.
Subscribed to see more soon.

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, that's really clean. I love how all the wires are tucked. I'm trying my best to hide as much wires as possible in my build.

Tell us more about the tank and system. Dimensions, manufacturer, lighting, etc.

The tank is an Elos 120XL. I picked the tank due to the diamond glass, small built in over flow, and dimensions. I love the depth from front to back. I kept my Reef Brite MH/LED hybrid. I modified it even more by removing the 2 inside XHO's and retrofitted two RB T5's. It's really a nice all technology light with a built in moon light. The LEDs and MH's are 1-10V dimmable, although I'm only dimming the LEDs. The dosing containers are on the right side of the stand and hold a little more than a gallon each. There is enough room in the cabinet to make maintenance easy and not be too cramped. Using a GHL Profilux4 controller and their 2.1 doser. Really a neat setup although there was a slight learning curve since I was using an Apex before. More to come as I get it stocked. Thanks to all for the kind words! JP

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing station looks good. I like your use of the MTC - Tube clips ;-)
I'm assuming you're doing Alk, Cal and Mag- what are you dosing with the fourth station?

And - when you are goign to post a pic of the display tank?

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks greats! This reminds me of D2Mini's elos setup.
What kind of sump is that?

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing station looks good. I like your use of the MTC - Tube clips ;-)
I'm assuming you're doing Alk, Cal and Mag- what are you dosing with the fourth station?

And - when you are goign to post a pic of the display tank?

No decision made on the fourth doser yet. The tube clips worked out perfectly for the station. I'm using two of the RFG's on the returns. I will try to get some pics of the main tank this weekend. Finally starting to get some good corralling growth there and the corals and fish are doing good. JP

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back