July 2022 POTM winner @ Maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations to "me" :) :) :) for winning Jul 2022 POTM contest: Full Tank Shot sponsored by Avast Marine.
DSC_2126.jpg

Thanks for all who participated in Jul POTM and everyone who voted for my pics. Jul 2022 has been the best month in reefing for me ever, as I got Reef of the month and photo of the month in the same month which is something I always dreamt of!

Thanks to @AVAST Marine for sponsoring POTM and for the great products they make.

I would like to offer the prize to the winner of a fun competition we will have where the topic will be top down pictures, preferably taken with the Avast porthole. winner will be randomly selected so anyone who can submit a top down picture has a chance to win.
to make it more fun there will be no limit on the shots you can submit, more pics is always a good thing :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Thanks again for all who participate in POTM and voting, the quality of the pics we get every month is top notch to the point that voting isn't easy anymore.
make sure to participate in the fun photo competition and in Sep POTM which is currently running.

#POTM #POTMWinners #MODS #RS

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and great picture! So can you tell us how you took it? Camera, lens, settings, etc?

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and great picture! So can you tell us how you took it? Camera, lens, settings, etc?

Thanks,
this was taken with a Nikon D750 with a 24-120 Nikon lense
shot with all my lights (Halides and LEDs on
Raw format 1/60 F5 ISO 640
The D750 is a great camera at High ISO performance so could have easily boosted ISO to 1000+ which woulhd have ginve me a bit more room for narrrower aperture for some more DOF or a faster shutter speed for better motion freeze.
yet I'm happy with the DOF I get focusing at the front middle of the tank to get most of the corals and fish in focus.
image was post processed in photoshop like most of my shots and following is typically done:
Adobe Camera raw to:
- Adjust white balance (white balnce picker on grey rock then manual fine tuning
- Crop the shot for better framing
-Adjust exposure
-convert to high res JPEG
Adobe photoshop:
-Fine tune exposure
- Clone tool and spot healing brush tool to cleanup floating detritus or air bubbles in water as well as cleanup back glass
-fine tune exposure.
-Apply a bit of sharpening
-save for web

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back