July 4th Holiday anemone split - Anemone Display tank update

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from 4 days away from civilization to find one of my Rose Bubbletips split.
Also found out sunday I have a large colored Ritteri Magnifica anemone coming my way along with a pair of pink skunk clownfish to wallow around in it. May require some aggression training with the 3 existing clownfish, but i've managed through it before.
I decided to go Magnifica because I've always envisioned one up high front and center on the giant rock arch I built that spans the whole tank.

Current tally in 90g Anemone tank:

8 Bubbletips ( 3 Rose, 3 Rainbow, 2 Green)
2 Long Tentacle ( 1 purple, 1 green w/ purple foot )
8 +/- Rockflowers
"soon" the Ritteri Magnifica

Midnight Clown
Saddleback Clown
Gold Nugget Maroon Clown
Copperband Butterfly
Threadfin Butterfly
Black Vagaband Butterfly
Pearlscale Butterfly
(Klein's Butterfly in Sump because he's the devil to rockflower anemones)
Domino Damsel
Electric Blue Damsel

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love anemones! Let’s see some pictures of it :p
I was away from civilization for a few days and wife has an event tonight that I've been instructed that I'm attending :) so not sure if I'll get good photos tonight, but definitely my plan when everyone is looking personable and not weird flaky tempermental anemone like.
For instance, last night the Purple Long Tentacle decided to bury himself entirely overnight... currently keeping an eye on the Butterfly's to see if someone's harassing him and caused it while I was away. They are a test and ones that can't behave themselves may need to be rehomed.

OP
OP
snowhite

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ritteri arrived today and looks great. When I put him into the tank he was a full handfull, so he should be pretty large.
Oddly, the existing 3 clowns completely ignored the 2 new pink skunk clownfish. Like they didnt even recognize them as clowns. When I tried putting the Lightning Maroon in 3-4 months ago they immediately ran him off, but not the pink skunks today. We'll see what the fallout is tonight after they've had 5-6 hours together.

He's a pinkish color with greenish tips... at least on initially putting him into tank.
Here's a short clip of the Ritteri a couple minutes after putting him into the tank in the high spot on arch I always planned for one. His top is about 4 inches from the surface under two AI Hydra 32's running at about 45% currently during day.

He looks like he's been cut propagated as his mouth is offcenter and he looks recently healed on that side. Not an issue for me as I'll know he's a healer for when he ends up getting to big for that spot in the 90 gallon, which I fully expect to happen.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back