Jumping back in after 11 years

PNWRich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, I’ve had aquariums during many parts of my life. When I was a teen I had three tanks going. I’ve even lost a beautiful tank in the Northridge earthquake in ‘94. About 10 years ago, after the birth of our first child, I decided to take down my 75 gal saltwater fish only tank to focus on my new family. Well my daughter is now 13 so it’s time for me to jump back in.
I have researched to death and landed on a Red Sea XL300 Deluxe and a long list of items. I have a local shop near me and I’m waiting to see the deals he will have tomorrow (Black Friday). I’ve built everything I will need to start at Bulk Reef Supply but I want to give some business locally. I’m sure I’ll be back here asking a bunch of questions. Looking forward to learning while on my reef building journey.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R! Here you’ll find people that are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined! Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. I look forward to seeing your reef as it progresses.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, I’ve had aquariums during many parts of my life. When I was a teen I had three tanks going. I’ve even lost a beautiful tank in the Northridge earthquake in ‘94. About 10 years ago, after the birth of our first child, I decided to take down my 75 gal saltwater fish only tank to focus on my new family. Well my daughter is now 13 so it’s time for me to jump back in.
I have researched to death and landed on a Red Sea XL300 Deluxe and a long list of items. I have a local shop near me and I’m waiting to see the deals he will have tomorrow (Black Friday). I’ve built everything I will need to start at Bulk Reef Supply but I want to give some business locally. I’m sure I’ll be back here asking a bunch of questions. Looking forward to learning while on my reef building journey.

Welcome and welcome back to the hobby! Glad you joined. Our daughter is just turning 14 and what a joy when she stops watching phone/computer to interact with fish and family! It's a great family hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It is never too early to start!

This might help you find people local to you in WA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back