Jurg's 180 build

Jurg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
108
Location
Ft. Lauderdale,FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 110 with a 30 cube frag tank.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390869302.714306.jpg


I recently picked up a 180 acrylic that is in need of some TLC. I already removed the corner overflows as I plan to make a coast to coast. Before I go further I will have to sand the entire tank and then polish it to remove all of the scratches.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390869605.307297.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390869627.734441.jpg


I also will most likely build a new stand is the one it came with had some mold and I just think it might be as much work to repair the old stand as it would to build a new one.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390869734.945032.jpg


Be patient with my build as I work a lot and have a 9 month old daughter, but I will take pics and update as the process goes.
 
Good luck with the build!! :)
 
Thanks, I'm going to be patient on this build so when it's complete hopefully I don't have to make any changes.

Regarding my stock list:

Corals; I do like my acans,chalices zoas/palys, but would like to have it sps dominated

Fish;
Already have

Male/female swallowtail
Yellow belly hippo
Purple tang
Leapord wrasses (3)
Lyretail anthias
Fire fish (3)
Melanarus wrasse
True perculas (pair)

Wish list:
Achilles tang
Hawaiian flame wrasse pair
Potters wrasse
Regal angelfish
Masked swallowtail angel

Probably more as well, but these have been the few I've been keeping an eye out for.
 
I looked at the stand more and it is just to far gone to try and use it. So another item added to the list. I do think I will make the stand much bigger then the tank so if I were to build a custom tank down the road the stand will already be in place. I'm thinking 96"x36". I could use the extra space to hold my beer in the mean time.
 
With the ledge area around it you can do some cool stuff. I would try to find a way to give it a finished look but easily removable if the day comes where you do go with a larger tank.

You could make it a somewhat countertop area where you can sit with a cup of coffee/tea and watch. If I could do it differently with my 180 I would build a stand to bring the tank up so eye level is about mid height of the tank so it's more pleasing to watch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new