Jurg's 290 reef

Jurg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
108
Location
Ft. Lauderdale,FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the opportunity to pick up a 290 reef savvy tank from a friend that was upgrading. Since I've acquired this tank I've been collecting parts, equipment etc. gearing up to start this build. After a few months I'm finally ready to start plumbing and get this thing running.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423430976.931523.jpg
    ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423430976.931523.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
So this is how it all started. Purchased our home back in October and this is what the room looked like
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423532947.553320.jpg


Since I purchased this tank before the home I had to do some work to fit 96" on one wall. So we enclosed the entry way on the left and removed the carpet to lay down some tile.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423533159.706945.jpg


I also decided to run a dedicated circuit and ran some cat5 to have my apex hard wired to my network. The fiber board was installed as I thought it would be good to protect the wall from water splashing.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423533602.854003.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423533621.509093.jpg
 
Cool! What are the dimensions of that monster?
 
Some progress has been made over the past 2 weeks and one setback.

Plumbing is 95% complete just waiting on a few parts to arrive to connect my waveline DC12000. Started frame work and electronic cabinet as well.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424747373.774522.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1424747389.183323.jpg
 
Well the big news today is that I finally have water flowing. More updates coming just wanted to post a pic for today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425179539.708549.jpg
 
Must be nice to upgrade from a Reef Savvy 290! Tagging along to watch this one come together.
 
I like! What are the ball valves I see on top of the tank?
 
Well this was short lived. Not even 24 hours with water and the front pane just went and spilled out 300 gallons onto the floor.

The end
 
Oh nooooooo! So sorry to hear this. That was a Reef Savvy tank? Any idea what happened?
 
What a shame! Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you can rebuild it or get a replacement.
 
It was a reef savvy. I purchased it used, but it still was only 4 years old. I have no clue what happened. I can speculate for days trying to figure this out, but I have no clue. The bottom cut away clean and *** that sucked all of the water and rock to that open seem the rock came in and shattered the glass. At least that is my assumption. I'm trying to regroup and I'm fortunate enough that my club here has even started a gofundme account to help get me back on track.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new