OP
Juskr

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank is already in place, how do you put on a black background?? I have a peninsula nano in a similar situation where the one side is against a wall. That side is covered by coralline. Definitely something I wish I thought of earlier.
There is 3.75' gap between the wall and tank (enough space for Mp40's) which gives me some access. Not sure what I want to use for the back wall yet. Might try one of those cheap aquarium black backgrounds to start and go from there.

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is 3.75' gap between the wall and tank (enough space for Mp40's) which gives me some access. Not sure what I want to use for the back wall yet. Might try one of those cheap aquarium black backgrounds to start and go from there.
Most of my fresh water tanks are just painted black. You can easily paint glass. I also painted the back of my QT for coral black. You probably shouldve just went with the standard 200 instead of the peninsula they wouldve already made it black for you and they cost less than peninsula. The advantage of peninsula is having more viewing area and using it to split a room. The advantage of non peninsula is it saves space in the room (especially for more tanks) and lays the length of the tank against a wall similar to what you did.

Question did the inside of your peninsula also have a sheet of paper near the return pumps like mine? Did you just tear it out? Also did your tank come with return flow Loc line because it doesn't show it in the pic.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked IM about this before I purchased my tank. Here is what they said:
Screenshot_20220202-105956_Gmail.jpg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not trying to state what would be "best". Only sharing what the manufacturer shared with me.

I went with a level floor, so it really did not impact me either way.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love these tanks! Awesome!

OP
OP
Juskr

Juskr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my fresh water tanks are just painted black. You can easily paint glass. I also painted the back of my QT for coral black. You probably shouldve just went with the standard 200 instead of the peninsula they wouldve already made it black for you and they cost less than peninsula. The advantage of peninsula is having more viewing area and using it to split a room. The advantage of non peninsula is it saves space in the room (especially for more tanks) and lays the length of the tank against a wall similar to what you did.

Question did the inside of your peninsula also have a sheet of paper near the return pumps like mine? Did you just tear it out? Also did your tank come with return flow Loc line because it doesn't show it in the pic.

Getting a standard would have been easier and I would have saved a few bucks. However, I really wanted to have the flexibility down the road should I want to move the tank and setup as a true peninsula.
The inside of my tank did have a sheet of paper near the return lines. I removed the return lines and pulled it off.
IMG_2346.JPEG

How is the leveling of the APS stand. Does it have feet like the Red Sea stands or does it need to be shimmed to level?
The tank is located on the ground level on a concrete slab. I was fortunate in that I did not have to shim as the tank was level on the stand and was level when I did a leak test.

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you must about to have your tank full of water by now. With all the equipment you had pre-staged I thought for sure you would have yours up and running before mine. I am ready to get mine filled and going within the week.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back