OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my replacement sea lettuce and added more rock now the fuge is packed. Shadowing as Cheeto grows may become a problem. Put a few snails in fuge to clean the glass and eat GHA that’s starting to grow. Seeing good supply of pods starting after the tear down.

Blew off sand bed, cleaned glass and will be removing socks after water clears up. Salt is mixing for tomorrow’s water change.
I keep forgetting about Aip growing in a hole on a rock. Tomorrow I will fill the hole with epoxy and wait for more to pop up
1434C4AB-DC4B-48D5-9F29-91CB6149CE85.jpeg

Some specs on glass are pods and some are water marks.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my replacement sea lettuce and added more rock now the fuge is packed. Shadowing as Cheeto grows may become a problem. Put a few snails in fuge to clean the glass and eat GHA that’s starting to grow. Seeing good supply of pods starting after the tear down.

Blew off sand bed, cleaned glass and will be removing socks after water clears up. Salt is mixing for tomorrow’s water change.
I keep forgetting about Aip growing in a hole on a rock. Tomorrow I will fill the hole with epoxy and wait for more to pop up
1434C4AB-DC4B-48D5-9F29-91CB6149CE85.jpeg

Some specs on glass are pods and some are water marks.
Looks fantastic! Is that filter pad after the Fuge? Hard to tell but Ive been doing the same with seemingly no affect to pod populations in the display. Down side is it needs replacing every day or I hear water noise which I’ve worked hard to minimize to almost nothing. I should buy stock in Pinky Filter.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is looking so lovely. and of course I love l your fish commentary. My kids do that with our dog, and it cracks me up. what do you use to put corals on the rock? I am having a hard time. Of course the 30 inch deep tank does not help. I can not hold anything for any length of time.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic! Is that filter pad after the Fuge? Hard to tell but Ive been doing the same with seemingly no affect to pod populations in the display. Down side is it needs replacing every day or I hear water noise which I’ve worked hard to minimize to almost nothing. I should buy stock in Pinky Filter.

Are you are talking about the pinky filter top left of fuge it’s purpose is to slightly dame a leak.
I have octo aquatics making me a pinky filter holder to replace the bubble trap before return pump. Need something to stop making a mess in display when I’m moving stuff around in fuge.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is looking so lovely. and of course I love l your fish commentary. My kids do that with our dog, and it cracks me up. what do you use to put corals on the rock? I am having a hard time. Of course the 30 inch deep tank does not help. I can not hold anything for any length of time.
Putting corals on rocks I have mixed feelings. Happy to have new frags but said I need to mount them. I tried super glue type and end up with Frag glued to me and end up with fish glued together. I like super glue type out of the water. In water I have better luck with 2 part stick epoxy you mix together. If they come loose I will put super glue type on frag and Reglue it.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you are talking about the pinky filter top left of fuge it’s purpose is to slightly dame a leak.
I have octo aquatics making me a pinky filter holder to replace the bubble trap before return pump. Need something to stop making a mess in display when I’m moving stuff around in fuge.
Yep, Thats what i saw. The Octo tray will work out great and is exactly what I did. Catches the little bits of chaeto or whatever before getting sucked into the return pump. Skimmer too in my case.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for stopping by

Feeling like stayed up way to late and enjoyed to many beverages I took a ride to the LFS. Hiding in the middle of a bunch of blueberry yum “I think” was this little chunk of goodness that I couldn’t pass up. Picture taking immediately after adding to display
1D8B4AA2-2A57-4392-84C4-378B5DCC3A7C.jpeg
7774D375-1196-469D-A85C-4E65FACECEAA.jpeg

wow! What a beauty :)

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Past 5 hours I been home male clown been spending most of his time between to anemones in a big hole in rock. He does the clown shake/twitch and touches his nose to the rock. Every now and then the female comes over and does a quick look the leaves. The anemone crab might be in that area if still alive.
any thoughts?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back