Just Another Newbie

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

My name is Katelyn and I am excited to have found this group. When I brought home my Great Dane puppy almost 7 years ago, my Dane forum family was absolutely invaluable, so I am sure I will have a similar experience here.

I am a new stay-at-home mom and my husband surprised me with a small aquarium for Christmas considering I will now have the time necessary to devote to a reef tank. I grew up helping my dad with his 130-gallon freshwater tank, but I have always wanted a saltwater aquarium of my own.

I am starting out with a 38-gallon tank and a beautiful stand my husband built me. I am currently still researching what the best kind of equipment would be for a small reef tank such as mine, but if anyone has any suggestions please speak up! I am all ears! I do know that the smaller the reef tank, the more difficult, but I am up for the challenge. After browsing through the forums, I can see that there certainly is no shortage of knowledge available for reading; I will do my best to keep from posting duplicate questions!

Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know the community.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may find the R2R article at the following link helpful:

Congratulations on the beautiful little one - we're glad you're here!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1609708052970.png

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katelyn!!!!! Welcome to R2R!!! Congratulations on the career advancement! No job is more important than the one you now have.
@Peace River provided an invaluable link in the first steps. There is even more invaluable info in the stickies in that forum. We are here to help with any questions!!

OP
OP
Apollo7235

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! You may find the R2R article at the following link helpful:

Congratulations on the beautiful little one - we're glad you're here!
Thank you very much!

I'll definitely take a look!

OP
OP
Apollo7235

Apollo7235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katelyn!!!!! Welcome to R2R!!! Congratulations on the career advancement! No job is more important than the one you now have.
@Peace River provided an invaluable link in the first steps. There is even more invaluable info in the stickies in that forum. We are here to help with any questions!!
Thank you! We couldn't agree more :)

Currently searching for some threads on lighting suggestions; I'll be sure to take a look through the stickies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back