OP
OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nuvo 20. Replacing my Coral Box QP5+. About the same flow rate but somehow I think the MP will blow the QP out of the water haha

Pic attached and build thread in my signature.

20210105_195702.jpg

OP
OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give you some advice of not using vinegar. Use citric acid to clean it. Some feel the vinegar causes the magnet to swell and rust.
Yes, I've done my research...no vinegar and make sure everything is lined up well while in operation to avoid issues.

I normally use only water anyway. Coaline doesn't bother me. Appreciate the advice!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought my first MP10...now the waiting game for delivery....

Been using Jebao for years and while they work...I know they aren't the best.

Present to myself haha

So far I like it because the wires are outside of the tank. I have the MP10, MP40, and RedSea on our 50-gallon tank.

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice, I currently have 2 MP40s on my display tank. I also got myself some MP10s last week for my frag tank and I’m loving them!

OP
OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone...super excited. Heard a lot of mixed things...mostly good, but mixed with bkown magnets and such.

Any tips for longevity? Cleaning in CA rather than vinegar...lube the ceramic shaft, etc?
enjoy it. I've been running the same MP 10 for 10 years now. it is on tank number 2 finally.

Nice, I currently have 2 MP40s on my display tank. I also got myself some MP10s last week for my frag tank and I’m loving them!

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a spare wet side so that I can readily clean them. I just bought mine about 5 months ago and love it, make sure to dial the power down a bit on it too. In a 20 gallon youre going to have more than you need with that thing.

OP
OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a spare wet side so that I can readily clean them. I just bought mine about 5 months ago and love it, make sure to dial the power down a bit on it too. In a 20 gallon youre going to have more than you need with that thing.
Right now I use a Cotalbox QP5+ which max is like 1500gph and I run on max reef mode...Basically reef crest on the MP....and have no issues.

I expect the MP to be better honestly so ill be conservative at first. I appreciate the advice.

Looking to grab a second wet side buy they are sold out everywhere right now.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give you some advice of not using vinegar. Use citric acid to clean it. Some feel the vinegar causes the magnet to swell and rust.
These are the tips that keep my coming back to Reef2Reef.

Thank you!

OP
OP
Chlorinated

Chlorinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump came in super quick, thanks @Bulk Reef Supply!

Pump is awesome and blows my Coral Box pump out of the water as expected.

Pump gets kind of loud if I go above 60% though which I admit is dissapointing. I've tried slightly adjusting the position of the wet side like the manual says but no dice. Not bad on reef crest set to 70% but dhort pulse mode almost sounds like it's grinding with each pulse, so short pulse and NTM are out.

May call Ecotech for advice. I have a Nuvo 20 which has 6mm glass so no spacer is needed. Not really sure what to do about noise.

Any incite from other MP10 users?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try readjusting the wet side to the unit when the power is off. Difficult to adjust when the power is on. It should be very quiet and you you shouldn’t hear it even on higher settings.

Back