Just bought my first tank!!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Matt out of Chandler, AZ. On of my good friends showed me his tank and got my feet wet about a year ago. Now, I have finally been able to purchase my first tank! I just purchased a 35.1 Marine Waterbox. Can't wait for this baby to come in! Any type of first timer advice would be much appreciated. Can't wait to dive in!
Welcome to R2R! First tip - patience!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef @MattyD.

welcome 6.jpg

As many have said, be prepared to take your time. The old saying in this hobby is,"Nothing good happen quickly in a reef tank!"

I've been in the hobby for 20 years and just set up a new 90g tank 9 months ago and it's just now starting to look good and corals are starting to spread... and I started with some good size colonies of coral from my old tank!

If you have questions, ask them. If you don't get answers, type in (hashtag)ReefSquad and those of us on the squad will be alerted to your post. If it's a question you really feel you don't want to ask the group, most of us are happy to answer Private Messages as well.

Good luck, have fun, enjoy the ride, be prepared to learn A LOT!!!

OP
OP
MattyD

MattyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, did not expect all this love! Thanks to everyone that has welcomed me, means a lot. This is making me feel much more at ease, that if something goes wrong, I have all of you to fall back on! Thanks again everyone, appreciate y'all! <3
giphy.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back