Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Matt, welcome!
You have found a great resource here at R2R. There is a vast amount of experience and knowledge at your finger tips. Keep asking questions, try to be as specific as possible. Search the forums for conversions already on the boards here. As a first time reefer myself, I have found many suitable threads to answer inquiries that I would have made to the group.
Start slow and pace yourself. Be patient and don’t make any drastic, sudden changes without being confident in the action. Always remember that this hobby centers around animal husbandry. Great to have you here!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Matt! Suggestions from another newbie as of this year: Bulk Reef Supply's tons of videos, @Ron Reefman articles here, and books. Go slow above all, double check what you do (I overdosed medicine already and luckily no casualties) and ask questions. Lots of fun and friends here!
1599920462941.png

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed doing the coral research to make a list of corals/critters I could keep to make sure they were compatible and interesting! I recommend browsing through all the different types of corals that are available in the hobby. I found Tidal garden and BRS videos to be very helpful. You can also look at some of the larger online vendor websites to familiarize yourself with the different kinds.

At the end of the day patience and research will be your best friend, saving lots of time, money, and headache! And always ask questions as many more experienced reefers are happy to give their input!

Lastly highly recommend starting a build thread so we can indulge in your soon to be awesome system! Best of luck.

Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

giphy.gif

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From one newbie to onother elcome Matt. from Australia

I am into my first marine tank and it is 7 or 8 weeks old with livestock in it (Not including cycling)
I think Hydrored summed it up with "take it slow" (best advice that could be given! Could you start a build thread in "members Tanks'? Good way of getting advice from people and it helps others
My first 6 weeks were a roller coaster but I think I am somewhat under control now.....touch wood;)

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Matt out of Chandler, AZ. On of my good friends showed me his tank and got my feet wet about a year ago. Now, I have finally been able to purchase my first tank! I just purchased a 35.1 Marine Waterbox. Can't wait for this baby to come in! Any type of first timer advice would be much appreciated. Can't wait to dive in!
Welcome! If you're new plan for problems! This isn't an easy hobby. Read a lot and drive deep. Super smart people here that can help you! Enjoy but know that things take time with this hobby.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back