Just Bought Nano & Need Ideas

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy calls me that he’s going to sell his all in one 13.5 fluval Evo and asks if I know anyone who’d want it for $20....soooo, now I have another tank I didn’t need, lol.

Anyways, I gave in and bought a pair of tiny clown fish. I’ve always wanted a Catalina Goby but the cold water thing kills that idea. I’m thinking a Goby/Pistol Shrimp combo??

I’ve seen some of your nano tanks and they’re gorgeous. I’m looking forward to hearing your suggestions on livestock.

All the best,
JC

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my buddy calls me that he’s going to sell his all in one 13.5 fluval Evo and asks if I know anyone who’d want it for $20....soooo, now I have another tank I didn’t need, lol.

Anyways, I gave in and bought a pair of tiny clown fish. I’ve always wanted a Catalina Goby but the cold water thing kills that idea. I’m thinking a Goby/Pistol Shrimp combo??

I’ve seen some of your nano tanks and they’re gorgeous. I’m looking forward to hearing your suggestions on livestock.

All the best,
JC

2 clowns is probably already fully stocked if not overstocked. I have seen it work before though in that tank. I would say no more fish, but crabs and shrimp for sure.

OP
OP
JCRove06

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns is probably already fully stocked if not overstocked. I have seen it work before though in that tank. I would say no more fish, but crabs and shrimp for sure.

In this 13.5 fluval system it comes with a pump and output nozzles but it doesn’t seem to be enough flow.
Any suggestions to remedy this?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
JCRove06

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
789B7C87-383B-4FC1-9CCC-3AB29E8C12F3.jpeg
BD5ED420-C096-4C6C-97F0-5B910E42428B.jpeg
I recently was on a thread where someone was talking about the Aqami KPS for their Fluval 13.5 gallon tank. I researched it and it looks pretty good. I also suggested he look at the IceCap 1k Gyre. Here was what I wrote over there, and some other folks added their thoughts as well

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/aqamai-kps-for-fluval-evo-13-5.506376/#post-5372257

Thanks for the tip. Always down to learn from you all. I ended up buying a Jebao pp-4 pump because of the variability in the power spectrum. It apparently goes from 132-1000gph. I put it on what I think is the lowest mode. Unfortunately I’m a 13.5 gallon with two clown fish, each about the size of a quarter, the just about sh** a chicken. Needless to say I turned it off, lol.

After watching this video
I decided to upgrade the return pump. It is also adjustable. I think for now this may be best, especially for the small clowns.

OP
OP
JCRove06

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update on the Nano tank

I added a pistol shrimp and a high fin goby to the mix. I looked over and noticed the tank was a bit cloudy. It was just the pistol shrimp going to work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back