Just can’t get the last step to work

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been working on this off and on all day. Not sure why it’s been so difficult. My webpages just time out and won’t connect so now I’m trying with two different browsers at once.

Here is where I’m at. I can get to the login page on local. However, here it is extremely slow. Doesn’t even show as loading but if I wait about 10 minutes, the login screen shows up. I click login using the admin username and 1234 password. It will always time out. I tested my internet speeds, 390ish mbps. Internet speeds definitely there. Any thoughts on why I’m stuck at this screen?

For what it’s worth, not using my phone because the app will continually tell me it’s trying to connect to the apex in the background and asks if I want to wait of cancel. Can’t get past that.

Wifi is on 2.4 ghz. I haven’t changed any names on the unit. All I’ve done is try to connect via app and website. That’s all. Thanks.
39C1E16D-E216-42D8-ABF6-D9987AA4EB87.jpeg

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide a little more information:

1. What model of Apex are you using?
2. Has this Apex been set up before, or is it brand new?
2. I can't read the address in your first screenshot, but in the 2nd one it's 172.16.0.1. That's the address the Apex uses when it's in WiFi Setup Mode after pressing the reset button for 6 seconds, or when it's directly out of the box from the factory. Are you trying to do the initial setup, or changing something on a previously set up Apex?

FYI: The local Apex dashboard has nothing to do with your Internet speed or connection. It's a direct connection between your computer/phone and the Apex itself.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Disregard. My phone must be messed up. I jumped onto an iPad and for some reason it worked just fine. Could have saved myself a few hours if I would have started with the iPad.

OP
OP
Manny’s Reef

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please provide a little more information:

1. What model of Apex are you using?
2. Has this Apex been set up before, or is it brand new?
2. I can't read the address in your first screenshot, but in the 2nd one it's 172.16.0.1. That's the address the Apex uses when it's in WiFi Setup Mode after pressing the reset button for 6 seconds, or when it's directly out of the box from the factory. Are you trying to do the initial setup, or changing something on a previously set up Apex?

FYI: The local Apex dashboard has nothing to do with your Internet speed or connection. It's a direct connection between your computer/phone and the Apex itself.
FYI - yes it is a brand new apex right out of the box.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back