Just curious

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
543
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an RO system in the basement. It makes the water and puts it in a 55 gallon trashcan. When I do a water change, I pump the water upstairs to another 55 gallon trashcan. Both of these trash cans are kept full. I have noticed that the water in the upstairs trashcan smells… Stagnant? Not so much like rubber trashcan but I guess stagnant would be the best word. I test the water and it seems fine. Will this create a future problem for me and does anybody have a similar situation or advice?
 
perhaps adding a small pump to each trash can to move water around could aid in keeping the water from getting a stagnant smell. carbon could also help keep smells down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new