Just got a Jebao DC1200. Now what?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VicD81
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VicD81

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
677
Reaction score
7
Location
LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought these things came with different fittings but it's just two tapered fittings. Am I suppose to just break it off to the size I want. I would imagine it tapering off down to a 1/2 fitting would drastically reduce the flow rate.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1398283362.630094.jpg
 
I didn't even bother using them. Go to Home Depot and get 1.5" fittings. For the input I used a 90* slip x thread fitting and output 1.5" union. From there if you plan to reduce it, then step down to let's say 1.25" or even 1" and so on as you get to the returns.

Is this pump going to be for solely a return or will it be splitter amount a return to the tank and manifold? Check out my build in my signature for more details on what I did with my DC12000 pump.
 
If you're going to use hose, just cut off whatever barb fitting you're not going to use. And yes, if you leave the 1/2" barb on it will restrict flow.
 
I didn't even bother using them. Go to Home Depot and get 1.5" fittings. For the input I used a 90* slip x thread fitting and output 1.5" union. From there if you plan to reduce it, then step down to let's say 1.25" or even 1" and so on as you get to the returns.

Is this pump going to be for solely a return or will it be splitter amount a return to the tank and manifold? Check out my build in my signature for more details on what I did with my DC12000 pump.

Nice build. What do you have running off that 12000 and how is the pressure loss?

If you're going to use hose, just cut off whatever barb fitting you're not going to use. And yes, if you leave the 1/2" barb on it will restrict flow.

Thats exactly what I did. I cut it just bellow the top of the 1' Barb to cut off that little lip. I do want to get an elbow with a screen so it doesn't suck anything up.
 
I was able to pick up a used Mag 18 that I will use for water changes. I ran the Mag 18 and the Dc12000 juxtaposed in a brute trash can and was surprised that the Mag seems to be pushing more water than the Jebao. Not sure if the 3/4" output of the Mag compared to the 1.5" of the Jebao has anything to do with it or if I just have a weak Jebao.

[video=youtube_share;BGHi9T_R6kY]http://youtu.be/BGHi9T_R6kY[/video]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new