Just got a new Blenny

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
3,271
Reaction score
52
Location
MD - Annapolis Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This blenny is by far my favorite that I've ever had, and perhaps my favorite fish. It beats out the bicolor, and the lawnmower easily. This guy spent the first night hidden under a rock ledge, but two days later he was just as curious about me as I was about him. I have a feeling that his is a teenager because he is losing his juvi colors and getting his final adult pattern. My LFS made up some name for him, but after some research I think he may be a linear blenny.

port.7_02.jpg


In the past 2 days he has taken to spirulina tablets and mysis shrimp, if they float in front of his face. He spends a lot of time resting his head on some palys just watching me as I try and keep my fish room clean. BTW, if you know what type of blenny this is please let me know.

head.jpg

body1.jpg

fishwithzoas.jpg
 
Thanks msman,

It seems that I must have deleted the linear blenny part of my post. I'm glad that you posted that because you picked out the ID I thought it was without my suggestion.

Thanks :thumbup:
 
He's cool looking. I love blennies. I can sit and watch my starry night blenny for hours. Very weird acting fish.
 
Thanks msman,

It seems that I must have deleted the linear blenny part of my post. I'm glad that you posted that because you picked out the ID I thought it was without my suggestion.

Thanks :thumbup:
your welcome
 
I had a Bi-color that ate polyps mostly xenia type many years ago.....

That is a real cool fish.....
 
I like the ones that look like they have lipstick on for obvious reasons...
<grin>
Laurie
 
I have a bimaculatus (2 spot) blenny and a tailspot blenny. Those two have more personality than any other fish I've had (though my bicolor blenny is close). The 2 spot blenny is absolutely hilarious, very comical and just plain goofy :) The tailspot is a relatively new addition, but he's just so darn cute that I know he'll be a great addition to the tank :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new