Just got me a beautiful addition to my reef tank!

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I am so happy to have picked up a Powder blue tang today as I went to the LFS to get my special ordered copperband. They both look phenomenal! Cant wait to see how the PBT does: down below is a pic of it in the LFS

58457011466__71B477C3-3C6F-4A3E-B8AC-D8722A778434.JPG

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let us know how it goes. I am thinking about one for my RS 750XXL once of my fav. but to be honest I am afraid...haha

did you QT? and if so with what. I so would love a happy healthy peaceful PBT!

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
envious! :)

PBT is on my short list ... already have three CBB (all currently still under non-prophylactic quarantine) destined for my 180G tank end of august.

how are they both adjusting?

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So it looks like they are both doing well. The powder blue was put staright into the tank without an acclimation box and took quite beating from my yellow tang, clown tang, naso and foxface but the nice thing was he was able to handle it and even show them not to mess with him. I just released the copperband from acclimation box in hopes the yellow will not terrorize my CBB like always so far the CBB is doing EXCELLENT and has been doing his job picking at the live rock. I got him to eat frozen food which is great and he has a good weight just a little small in terms of length/height than I hoped for but maybe that has helped with the less aggression towards him. But I mostly thing they are less aggressive due to me addign another tang and disrupting the order. After adding the tang my naso seems to be enjoying life in the tank as he and the clown have been getting at eachother as the naso is about the size of the clown and he don't like it. So far so good everyone is eating and healthy will post pics soon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back