View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fruit loops micro goni
Fruit Loops Micro Goni.jpg

Yoda Acro

Yoda Acro.jpg

Blueberry Diesel Acro... this is one of the two I'm worried about. It poked through the bag and didn't have much water by the time I got it. The tip has bleached because that's the part the was outside of the bag. It slimed a little but 3 hours later it's stopped sliming.
Blueberry Diesel Acro.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Acro (Suuuper excited to see this one once it adapts to my tank.)
Strawberry Shortcake Acro.jpg

Black Widow Acro - this was the other one I was kind of worried about. It slimed a bit too but I know acros can be temperamental and it's since stopped sliming. You can even see a polyp peeking out the top now.
Black Widow Acro.jpg

Lastly, the snow drop acro. It came off the pedestal during shipment but hasn't shown any concerning signs of distress yet.
Snow Drop Acro.jpg

Anyone have any advice they'd like to offer a relative newbie? I've taken care of other people's corals but never really my own. (I took care of two reef tanks for my university for 4 years and I've been responsible for a store frag tank for a year and have done well so I'm not unfamiliar with frags. I've had a FOWLR tank for about a year that's done well, too so I've got a decent handle on the basics of saltwater tanks.) I set the frags up in their own little 25 gallon mini peninsula waterbox. I purchased an RODI system just for these little fellas and I'm using Neomarine salt mix. I'm planning on doing in-depth daily water testing (checking everything; pH, nitrates, phosphates, alkalinity, salinity, calcium, magnesium, etc.) for a week or two and then I'll probably just scale it back to weekly or biweekly in depth testing and checking for alkalinity daily. I'm going to slowly acclimate the acros to the light, raising them once a week until I get them to around 300 PAR (unless someone has a better suggestion!) At the moment I have a current USA light a friend gave me, but I'd like to upgrade to a reefbreeder or someone else had suggested an A360xKessel or Aihydra 32. Any preferences between those lights? When I get the new light should I re-acclimate them? I'm also planning on dosing them with a 2-part additive daily (or however often the testing suggests it needs.) Any additional suggestions or criticisms? I just want to make sure they stay happy and healthy and grow nicely! TYIA

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I can give is to maximize your pH (outside air to your skimmer helps), keep your alkalinity 8-8.5, and dose your two part hourly 24 times a day.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back