Just got new clownfish

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my first saltwater fish ever and I picked up two clownfish for my biocube 32 yesterday. This morning I woke up and went to feed them with new life spectrum marine fish pellet food. And both of them don’t seem to go after the food. How do I get new fish to want to eat the food or is it something overtime they’ll finally just start going after? Thanks!

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the same issue with my pair that I bought. Tried pellets, LRS, mysis. They didn’t want to eat anything. Until I bought ROE and gave that a shot and they ate that. So that’s a start and at least they ate that. Going to try and convert them to LRS slowly.

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with my pair that I bought. Tried pellets, LRS, mysis. They didn’t want to eat anything. Until I bought ROE and gave that a shot and they ate that. So that’s a start and at least they ate that. Going to try and convert them to LRS slowly.
What exactly is ROE and LRS?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is ROE

Here is LRS

http://www.larrysreefservices.com/

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took my clownfish over a week to eat. He wouldnt go near the food at first now hes one of the first to grab food, and hes the smallest fish in my tank. I feed LRS, and ocean nutrition formula one flakes.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are small (1/2”) and/or tank raised, (quite frequent) try flake, pulverize it if they are really small.
They are usually feed this while being raised (cost issue) so it may resemble a normal food item.
I have one that will not touch anything but flake.
6 months in, still flake

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are small (1/2”) and/or tank raised, (quite frequent) try flake, pulverize it if they are really small.
They are usually feed this while being raised (cost issue) so it may resemble a normal food item.
I have one that will not touch anything but flake.
6 months in, still flake
They’re over 2 inches big that’s why I chose pellets and pellets are good because they fall to bottom so sand sifting dudes can eat too lol

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back