QM Aquacultured Wide-band Clownfish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the wild, Wide-band Clownfish are found in rocky and coral reef habitats, at depths of 10-45 meters, in Eastern Australia, Lord Howe, and New Caledonia. Like most clownfish, the Wide-band Clownfish is known to create a symbiotic relationship with anemones, which they use as a source of protection and makes a great display in aquaria. This species of clownfish is uncommon in the aquarium trade, which makes this achievement even more exciting for everyone here at Quality Marine! This species is successfully being aquacultured in our state-of-the-art hatchery in Los Angeles, California. Clownfish are notoriously hardy, and aquacultured specimens are even more adaptable having been raised on prepared diets. The Wide-band Clownfish is an omnivore and will eat a variety of prepared foods, thriving on Nutramar Complete Pellets and Nutramar Shots.

2349701-3   1-11-24.jpg

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the wild, Wide-band Clownfish are found in rocky and coral reef habitats, at depths of 10-45 meters, in Eastern Australia, Lord Howe, and New Caledonia. Like most clownfish, the Wide-band Clownfish is known to create a symbiotic relationship with anemones, which they use as a source of protection and makes a great display in aquaria. This species of clownfish is uncommon in the aquarium trade, which makes this achievement even more exciting for everyone here at Quality Marine! This species is successfully being aquacultured in our state-of-the-art hatchery in Los Angeles, California. Clownfish are notoriously hardy, and aquacultured specimens are even more adaptable having been raised on prepared diets. The Wide-band Clownfish is an omnivore and will eat a variety of prepared foods, thriving on Nutramar Complete Pellets and Nutramar Shots.

2349701-3   1-11-24.jpg
Great work team QM, I am familiar with many of the Marine Ornamental Aquaculture facilities, however I am not familiar with your own facilities. Would love to know more so I can spread the word and promote the work you are doing.

Any further information and pictures of the facility would be very much appreciated.

I know Tom. H at De Jong nursery is breeding these, would love to see an in depth article on your own facilities.

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work team QM, I am familiar with many of the Marine Ornamental Aquaculture facilities, however I am not familiar with your own facilities. Would love to know more so I can spread the word and promote the work you are doing.

Any further information and pictures of the facility would be very much appreciated.

I know Tom. H at De Jong nursery is breeding these, would love to see an in depth article on your own facilities.
Hello Tony,
Thank you very much for your interest in our QM Labs facilities and marine ornamental aquaculture. As we continue our efforts to offer more aquacultured species, we are also continuing to refine and add enhancements to our facilities for aquaculture and live feeds.

We have an article published on our Quality Marine website, where we discuss some of our aquaculture initiatives, however, as I am sure you can understand and respect, our methodologies and protocols are proprietary.

https://www.qualitymarine.com/news/advancing-aquaculture-at-qm-labs/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back