Just had a wreck...need advice ASAP

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doser timer malfunctioned and emptied my alkalinity container since I went to work this morning and I found it just bit ago when got home. It has raised DKH to 15.8 from the 9 I normally run and would have been much higher if had not ran out sometime today before I got home!!

Water heating at this moment but what will do more harm...

Doing a big water change and dropping dkh fast or ....do I let it fall slowly on its own...or somewhere in between say partial water change then let it drop

Experts please help or Randy chemistry guru!!

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a frag tank or quarantine even, maybe it’s worthwhile to pull some your corals out and stick them in there where the dKH isn’t so high?

OP
OP
Sagecritter4life

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a frag tank or quarantine even, maybe it’s worthwhile to pull some your corals out and stick them in there where the dKH isn’t so high?

Yeah thought about that but all I have is QT tanks sigh hate to do that and royally mess up pest management ugh...

OP
OP
Sagecritter4life

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to those that replied and out of RO now till tank fills up again so if get it to 11’s guess that’s best can do for while tonight after two 30 gallon changes....and thanks again y’all.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things looking? I think you've got it down to a manageable number. Now you can probably just let it come down on its own.

OP
OP
Sagecritter4life

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things looking? I think you've got it down to a manageable number. Now you can probably just let it come down on its own.
Well believe it or not for going from 9 to 16 and back to 11 most things look reasonable and no visible loss of critters but guess few days will tell

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back