Just here to brag a little

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and girls I am so excited about my craigslist find that I had to brag a little. I just bought a Red Sea Reefer 425XL that came with 2 ecotech xr15's, 2 vortech mp10's, a reef octopus 150int regal, a ecotech vectra return pump, plus other goodies for $500. I honestly feel that the reef gods have blessed me due to good karma or something. I cant wait to upgrade my 40b into this new to me set up. Thanks for listening!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations!
ImageIcon.png

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I drove about 300 miles round trip to secure the deal and was up to nearly 1 am moving the tank and its fish/liverock inhabitants into my house. I put all the liverock and fish (except for the flame angel which I threw in my 40b for now) into an empty aquarium I had sitting around. The 425 is currently sitting empty in my living room waiting for me to get back home as I now at my families beach house for the next couple of days. I cant wait to get home so I can begin setting up the 425, just need to decide on sand choice.

Whats everyones opinion on running two xr15's over this tank (47" long, about 22" deep). My coral preference is soft and LPS and I have a thriving reef in 40b under 2 oceanrevive t247 set on 1o power for blue and 5 power for white. I would love to be able to run the xr15's I got in this deal without having to buy a third. Anyone with this tank have any tips or suggestions for me? I think I want to ditch the redsea ATO and use my tunze ATO with acrylic 7 gallon tank I already have. Perhaps I can use the redsea ato for a fuge??

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no pics?
At least post a selfie of your mugshot so we can decide for ourselves if this really happened or if you are just messing with all of us?

I'm with my family too at the moment, and I can't wait to get home either. Nice Score!

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I've ever gotten from Craigslist is a reason to never bother looking at the site again, that's beyond awesome!

I surf craigslist a lot and great deals are to be had - ive bought 3 boats off it as well. This was an elderly woman moving back north. She did not know how to post pictures and the add was one line only advertising an 88 gallon red sea, no mention of other equipment. She was asking $500. She told me over the phone that she was unsure if she had even successfully posted the ad. I drove 3 hours to pick it up and was not even sure what it would be lol. Sometimes a leap of faith is necessary!

Most of us lose a lot of money to this hobby and I honestly believe after this deal I have at least broken even! Yay!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to give an update on the move/upgrade. Everything seems very happy and no loses happened.

FULL TANK:
new tank.jpg

LEFT ISLAND:
left island.jpg

RIGHT ISLAND:
right island.jpg

Looking really good!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That a steal. Congrats !!

In fact its' such highway robbery that I made a call. Look outside your window !!

1564439324055.png

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back