Just joined. Back in hobby after a longggg break. This site is new to me.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back into the hobby was sad to see RC rather quiet but this site seems really active so I figured I would join on up.

I am located in broward county Florida. Will be hopfully rejoining FMAS local club if they ever start in person events after this corona thing.

I will be posting my build progress here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a-t-t-r’s-return-to-the-hobby-20-gallon-build-thread.852368/ and hopefully this addiction does not kick in like last time. The last time I was in this hobby my garage got converted into multiple frag tanks some being custom built out of wood an fiber glass. A very easy thing to happen when you live near a port and had access to many wholesalers which is thankfully no longer the case. A vacation disaster made me leave the hobby after the death of my prized and as far as I can tell one of a kind blue zoas died along with everything else. Cold winter and the person watching the tanks left the door to the garage open overnight.

(only picture that i still have taken under 6.5-10k light )

Last edited:

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the salty side and welcome to the community! We're glad you found us!! So sorry to hear about the loss of your old setup!! That is always hard to get over bit I'm sure your new setup will be just as rewarding! BTW: I haven't taken an "away from home" vacation in over 5 years because I don't trust anyone else to watch my tanks. LOL. I look forward to following your build thread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back