Just joined R2R!!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Just joined after about 5 years in the hobby! I've been lurking on the forums for a while and wanted to finally be able to post lol!

I'm located in Oakland, CA! Where my Bay Area people at?

I'm a passionate fish nerd looking forward to contributing to the community!
Welcome to reef2reef! I’m in the bay, over in Sunnyvale.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a teaser from my 10. One of my black tiger badis! Just as colorful as a reef fish IMHO!

IMG_1520.jpg
Beautiful anabantid! I have kept the Badis badis, but never the dario sp. (aka Black Tiger Badis). The adults in the Badidae group range from 3/4 to nearly 3 inches - where does this species fall in that range?

OP
OP
Ligeia

Ligeia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful anabantid! I have kept the Badis badis, but never the dario sp. (aka Black Tiger Badis). The adults in the Badidae group range from 3/4 to nearly 3 inches - where does this species fall in that range?

The Dario males I have are around an inch and a half! They are super territorial and feisty with one another, much more so than badis badis. I have them in a tank with a licorice gourami pair and they definitely run the show. Color-wise, though they are most definitely the most colorful of the badis species! They also eat your Malaysian trumpet snails so another bonus!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Dario males I have are around an inch and a half! They are super territorial and feisty with one another, much more so than badis badis. I have them in a tank with a licorice gourami pair and they definitely run the show. Color-wise, though they are most definitely the most colorful of the badis species! They also eat your Malaysian trumpet snails so another bonus!

If you enjoy licorice gouramis then I would recommend this booklet published by the Anabantoid Association of Great Britain. There is not much literature on these beautiful fish so when I was able to acquire this booklet I was thrilled. It is 47pp. of descriptions and pictures of species in the licorice group.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back