Just lost my new Pygmy Angel

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went downstairs to look at my fish before going to bed and I couldn't find my pygmy angel anywhere. But I did find a LTA with a very full belly.

I have a bad feeling that my pygmy was caught by the LTA. The little pygmy would follow my clown around everywhere and I'm afraid he did this right after the lights went off and didn't see the anemone. This really sucks. I was getting so attached to that little guy because he was so friendly with my clown. It was an odd pair but very entertaining.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he found a good hiding space, but I think the size of the anemones base and mouth says it all.

Well, I think this may be the end of my anemone adventures. Anybody think that a good set of moonlights could have prevented this?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Oh I was worried...

Glad it was a false alarm!

OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
No, no detentions- I like your posts.
:D
Laurie

Yeah, I'm a sucker for club zoa so I couldn't resist. Here is a picture of the odd couple hanging out. See how close the angel gets to the anemone. :shock:

oddcouple2.jpg

oddcouple.jpg

This last shot pretty much sums up how the other clown feels.

trio.jpg

PupChow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow~!!! Living on the edge!

Really cute angel btw, does it bother any thing in the tank?

OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet Pup. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he/she will stay away from my zoas.

I've been doing more reading on these guys and I never realized that are similar to clowns in that they change sexes according to what other angels are in the tank. The one difference being that the angels go from female to male.

AngieN.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the same angel fish a couple of weeks ago. It's finally coming out more and seems to get along with the clowns pretty well too. I haven't noticed him bothering any corals (keeping fingers crossed!!!). They are cute little guys!! :)

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell me more about these dwarf angel fish.

i've read they will nip on corals. have you had any problems yet? or is this a problem they will have when they get older?

i've got 2, 30g cubes and gota figure out some more fish i can keep besides small gobies, clowns, and cardinals.

i was really into getting a purple psuedochromis, but then found out they will attack and possibly eat ornamental shrimp. doh.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work at my LFS and we have one reef tank where the pygmy angel nips at the zoa's nips at any other coral and sometimes decides to attack the clowns and get into a scruffle with them. But overal he doesnt hurt anything in the tank. The zoa colony he picks on somtimes is over 250 polyps strong and its been in that tank for over 5years and so has the angel. Overal its a pain in the butt seeing as hes bothers everybody but they dont do damage.

Steve

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back