Just need pointed in the right direction

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have a small zoa colony growing on a live rock that i used to cycle my tank and they started growing really quick and ooening up. But now after 2 weeks, to me it looks like melting? I have never grown coral before so idk what it looks like when they melt. But the tank has been running for 5 weeks. Added my first set of CUC and first fish last week. But i wanna know if there is anythimg i can do to grow happy healthy zoas and not have them wilt away. I know its an early tank for coral but like i said i didnt buy them they just started to grow on my rock. It wont hurt me if they doe

1494631299396308621516.jpg

14946313382212090642552.jpg

1494631372934713302689.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ruled out water chemistry, done a water change, added anything new to the tank like charcoal, phosphate reduction products?
What is the lighting type an if LED and at when % are the lights running?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ruled out water chemistry, done a water change, added anything new to the tank like charcoal, phosphate reduction products?
What is the lighting type an if LED and at when % are the lights running?
The light is an AI prime i can post a pic of how i have it. Also its in a 10 gallon AIO and i did add two new filtering things ones a PhosBond from seachem and the other is chemi pure elite.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice the decline after the phosband product was added?
What about water chemistry? When in doubt I do a water change, it sure can not hurt.
Are the image post in the original post a current images of the zoanthids/palys?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you notice the decline after the phosband product was added?
What about water chemistry? When in doubt I do a water change, it sure can not hurt.
Are the image post in the original post a current images of the zoanthids/palys?
Yes i had just taken them the moment i wrote this post. I wanna say the decline started happening a little before because i did have my lights on a 5%+ upscale until yesterday so i thought it might be the lights so i lowered them. I did the extra media because i had alge in my tank but at the same time it is a new tank that just came out of cycling.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i do my water changes once a week every sunday. Last sumday was only a 10% change maybe this sunday ill do a full 30%. But i take that back the decline happened after sunday and thats when i added the media and the water change.

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont need both those products. Chemipure elite is fine. You have most likly stripped out your phos too fast. Zoa prefer tge water a little on the dirtier side.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Small water changes are working well for us.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back