OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my Calcium and Alkalinity again after adding a 1/4 teaspoon early this morning of baking soda.

Calcium - 290
Alkalinity - 2.63

J

JnS

View Badges
what test kits are you using?

fussy sticks can be a huge pain in the rear, but also can be so awsome.

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baking soda won't add to your Ca.

Could stand to go up more on the alk.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my Calcium and Alkalinity again after adding a 1/4 teaspoon early this morning of baking soda.

Calcium - 290
Alkalinity - 2.63

your ca is def. low, but it shouldn't be causing caps to bleach,

if you can get some prestone driveway heat at home depot you can use that for calcium supplementation. one $6 bottle will last you a year +

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or if you cant find those de-icers yet at your local hardware store, try the kent turbo calcium (dry). i've used that stuff for years. but will prob try out some sort of calcium chloride de-icer i can buy in bulk when i set my liter meter up to dose from a concentrated calcium solution.

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure I know why the caps aren't doing too well...my fiance was staring at the tank today and yells out..."Hey do you know my fish(Bicolor blenny) is eating your new coral!" I said..."what a pity if there was an accident in the tank sometime soon!" I still want to get the params up to par though!

I am using Salifert test kits

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure I know why the caps aren't doing too well...my fiance was staring at the tank today and yells out..."Hey do you know my fish(Bicolor blenny) is eating your new coral!" I said..."what a pity if there was an accident in the tank sometime soon!" I still want to get the params up to par though!

I am using Salifert test kits

i've never had one, but this is at least the third time someone is having trouble with their digis and a bi-color blenny is found to be the culprit. can you catch him?

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a friend told me kroger has mrs. wages on sale for 2.69 for a 16 oz. container in richmond, might be in other markets as well.

steve, are you using kalk/pickling lime?

OP
OP
Stixbaraca

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not using anything yet! Still trying to assess the bets course of action. I have a couple bottles of the 2 part...and of course plenty of baking soda. Not sure which way to go to get the params in order yet.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back