just ordered new light. experiences?

jimmybling31

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
621
Reaction score
20
Location
Nashville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered a luminar 3 mini reflector with 20k coravue bulb and electronic ballast. can't wait to set it up. any experiences with this stuff?
 
Good choice on the reflector.

I assume you are talking about a 250 watt Mogul bulb setup?
 
Is that a LUMINARC? or something else, I saw you spelled it LUMINAR? just making sure I didnt miss anything
 
good reflector, not sure the track record of the bulb.
 
Good choice on the reflector.

I assume you are talking about a 250 watt Mogul bulb setup?

you have the same setup? yeah it's the mogul bulb setup. I think I am going with a radium bulb next time. I was getting this one with a cheap bulb instead of an expensive one for the time being, just didn't make sense with me not having too much coral.
 
Brandon and tommy are both using that reflector with radium bulbs. I am using Lumenmax reflectors currently with hamilton 14K bulbs and will be changing to radiums soon
 
i read a few good things about it, but I haven't talked to anyone with the bulb. from what I read it has about a 5-6 month life on average though.
 
5 -6 months out of a bulb would get old really fast. That wouldnt cut it for me
 
Hey jimmy, I ran into your realtor last night at the new years eve race, I am old friends with her daughter (a little off topic)

cool. she's really nice. the seller of the house we are buying is being an butt and trying to screw us. they won't sign a thing that has to do with the irs lien on the house. it's stupid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new