Just received 2 frags. Are they DOA

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,654
Reaction score
33,591
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just looking for opinions on the 2 frags that just arrived. I have only had sps frags shipped once, a couple of weeks ago. It was 5 frags and they all had color when they arrived. These 2 just arrived and there is no color at all on either one. One is a JF HomeWrecker the other one I won't name because I don't want to flame the seller if all is good. Opinions please?
20220802_120234.jpg
20220802_120133.jpg
 
Look OK to me. Acros look night and day between daylight and aquarium lighting. Acclimate and give them a chance.
 
Definitely still see polyps on the second. I agree with the experts above and the steps they listed.
“I’m not a doctor, I just watch them on reef2reef”
 
Look normal due to fact of being in dark from shipping, give it a couple of days in your aquarium, don't forget basics... Place at bottom and work up :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new