Just starting my 112 gallon

pat901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi awesome people! So I’m wanting to start my tank off right, and I want to make sure it has a good supply of pods. What’s the best way to make sure they’re are tons in there for my tank, and for my mandarin gobbies I wanna add eventually!

Again, just getting back into it so I wanted to know if there’s a best practice for this!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having some good live rock is a plus! Once I started I seeded the tank with pods and every so often I bought a few packages of pods for a few months and I was good to go. I’ve had my mandarin over a year now and he’s fat and healthy!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a refugium with chaeto, rock, and sand, pods will thrive. I've added just a couple of small bottles and have a huge population. probably some came in on the chaeto

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to the team.

Live rock and or live sand will help get the tank going good and strong. When I get ready for the big tank, I will be getting live rock, live sand and a bunch of other stuff from ipsf in Hawaii.

OP
OP
P

pat901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having some good live rock is a plus! Once I started I seeded the tank with pods and every so often I bought a few packages of pods for a few months and I was good to go. I’ve had my mandarin over a year now and he’s fat and healthy!
Awesome! I have live rock circulating and waiting, and I’ll be sure to grab some pods to start out. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
P

pat901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to the team.

Live rock and or live sand will help get the tank going good and strong. When I get ready for the big tank, I will be getting live rock, live sand and a bunch of other stuff from ipsf in Hawaii.
Lol that crab is awesome! I’ll be doing both for sure!

OP
OP
P

pat901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a refugium with chaeto, rock, and sand, pods will thrive. I've added just a couple of small bottles and have a huge population. probably some came in on the chaeto
Dope! I don’t think I planned for a refugium, but I will have a sump and I think I can possibly do a small one in a portion of it...I think

Back