Just starting my 112 gallon

pat901

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
32
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi awesome people! So I’m wanting to start my tank off right, and I want to make sure it has a good supply of pods. What’s the best way to make sure they’re are tons in there for my tank, and for my mandarin gobbies I wanna add eventually!

Again, just getting back into it so I wanted to know if there’s a best practice for this!
 
Having some good live rock is a plus! Once I started I seeded the tank with pods and every so often I bought a few packages of pods for a few months and I was good to go. I’ve had my mandarin over a year now and he’s fat and healthy!
 
if you have a refugium with chaeto, rock, and sand, pods will thrive. I've added just a couple of small bottles and have a huge population. probably some came in on the chaeto
 
giphy.gif


Welcome to the team.

Live rock and or live sand will help get the tank going good and strong. When I get ready for the big tank, I will be getting live rock, live sand and a bunch of other stuff from ipsf in Hawaii.
 
Having some good live rock is a plus! Once I started I seeded the tank with pods and every so often I bought a few packages of pods for a few months and I was good to go. I’ve had my mandarin over a year now and he’s fat and healthy!
Awesome! I have live rock circulating and waiting, and I’ll be sure to grab some pods to start out. Thanks for the help!
 
giphy.gif


Welcome to the team.

Live rock and or live sand will help get the tank going good and strong. When I get ready for the big tank, I will be getting live rock, live sand and a bunch of other stuff from ipsf in Hawaii.
Lol that crab is awesome! I’ll be doing both for sure!
 
if you have a refugium with chaeto, rock, and sand, pods will thrive. I've added just a couple of small bottles and have a huge population. probably some came in on the chaeto
Dope! I don’t think I planned for a refugium, but I will have a sump and I think I can possibly do a small one in a portion of it...I think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new