JustKoch First Tank Build - Innovation Marine AIO 40G

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is going to be a journey of my first tank build. Feel free to offer insight and suggestions. (I'm always willing to learn) So this is the tank I picked up with the stand. Not a fan of the stand - it is kind of a particle board stand. The guy who had this upgraded to a 75 gallon tank. So got this set up for 75.00 - Need to clean up the tank. (This is not the permanent location for the tank it will be relocated (will definitely NOT have it next to a window). And next thing I will probably be picking up some MARCO rocks on Sunday. Thanks for following.

IMG_20200812_210748_01.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, hope all is well

From this pic it looks like a Marineland tank and stand. Not great, but clean it up and it could be a great tank. If it is a Marineland I picked up one last year and happy with it. You will need a hob overflow and return but it makes thing simple. If you paint the back putting it by a window should not be an issue.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$75 isn't a bad buy in price for sure. Looks like a 55?

Hey, hope all is well

From this pic it looks like a Marineland tank and stand. Not great, but clean it up and it could be a great tank. If it is a Marineland I picked up one last year and happy with it. You will need a hob overflow and return but it makes thing simple. If you paint the back putting it by a window should not be an issue.

Are people still painting the backs? Thought that might have gone out of fashion! I painted the back of my last tank, a 75g.

OP
OP
J

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is junk now - selling this actually - and I actually was able to secure a 150 gallon tank with sump and stand. Should have it delivered to my house sometime this week (providing that Marco or Laura don't visit us) :) A lady wanted to downsize her tanks and then offered such a great deal on it so I couldn't resist. A tank with a return and sump.
More pictures soon - right now it has algae on it so I need to clean it up - what would be the best way to clean up algae on a tank? Vingear and Water?

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is junk now - selling this actually - and I actually was able to secure a 150 gallon tank with sump and stand. Should have it delivered to my house sometime this week (providing that Marco or Laura don't visit us) :) A lady wanted to downsize her tanks and then offered such a great deal on it so I couldn't resist. A tank with a return and sump.
More pictures soon - right now it has algae on it so I need to clean it up - what would be the best way to clean up algae on a tank? Vingear and Water?
Yes. Get some white vinegar and fill er up with water. I think I did a 1-5 ratio? Leak test and cleaning all in one.

OP
OP
J

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so made my transition after doing more and more research - I decided to go with the Innovation Marine AIO 40 gallon set up. Purchased some Live Rocks - currently in a bin with bubbles - and got sand. So will start working on it this week. Purchased also a Colbalt Heater -

Will be looking to start cycling sometime this week.

PXL_20200930_001358643.jpg PXL_20200930_001403884.jpg PXL_20200930_001827633.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back