Juvenile Emperor Angelfish

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Juvenile Emperor Angelfish and he was the most beautiful thing ever. I put him in a 75 gallon since he was only about 2 inches and I'm going to upgrade in the next year. last night he was eating like normal and I saw him this morning before I left for school but now I cant find him anywhere. I just want to ask if this is normal since this is my first time dealing with an emperor and I didn't know if the juveniles hide sometimes or not.

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 inches is pretty small I am afraid he may have gotten into the sump or filter or there is a chance he is just hiding. What are the other fish in the tank? What are the parameters? How long has the tank been running for?

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in a 75 gallon and he disappears in the rocks quit often. I would panic and then he would pop out. I am in the process of upgrading to a 200 gallon.

OP
OP
MPrz59

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in a 75 gallon and he disappears in the rocks quit often. I would panic and then he would pop out. I am in the process of upgrading to a 200 gallon.
Thank you for the help! I sadly found him dead from what looks to be ick even though i did qt him for 4 weeks but good luck with you Angel and 200 gallon

OP
OP
MPrz59

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 inches is pretty small I am afraid he may have gotten into the sump or filter or there is a chance he is just hiding. What are the other fish in the tank? What are the parameters? How long has the tank been running for?
Thank you but I did sadly find him dead in the rock work

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back