Juvenile Yellow Tagn

  • Thread starter Thread starter dR3ws3r
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dR3ws3r

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
71
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS today and they just got in a Yellow Tang. It looked very young, and I had never seen one this small before. I believe it said tank raised. Does the coloring, shape look normal for a juvenile yellow tang? Sorry about the camera hog wrasse. He refused to go away.

image0 (4).jpeg
 
I believe that a very small, young tank raised Yellow Tang can in fact have that somewhat 'translucent' look. But your photo isn't 100% clear (as in not the sharpest focus). 😐
 
I believe that a very small, young tank raised Yellow Tang can in fact have that somewhat 'translucent' look. But your photo isn't 100% clear (as in not the sharpest focus). 😐
Yeah, not the greatest, but like you said, it is somewhat translucent. Seemed to be swimming fine and eating, just was wondering about the coloring. All I ever see are older adults since Hawaii put the halt on them.
 
Yeah, not the greatest, but like you said, it is somewhat translucent. Seemed to be swimming fine and eating, just was wondering about the coloring. All I ever see are older adults since Hawaii put the halt on them.
It looks like a biota yellow. They color up wonderfully. I used to have one, lost it when one of my triggers attacked it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new