OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep caught up :rolleyes: run the uv w dedicated pump,always running ,turn on /off light as wanted could tie in w chiller as same,but always running:)
I only have about 5 threads i follow that ur not all over. Ur an animal on these forums. Glad to have ya aboard.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found another hidden gem i forgot about... the worry of splash and water issues outside the sump has been solved.

Fits under the sumps perfect. 1-2" all the way around the perimeter clearance. A little scrub in the tub, blue 42, orange 409, vinegar, elbow grease, hut, hut, hike... Touchdown.
20201201_185306.jpg

Now if i choose, i have the ability to set up leak detection via apex down the road. Christmas came early. The sump o shame and and the base catch pan. Meant to be. I swear. This is my path. Its gotta be.

tenor (1).gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What threads are those? @fishguy242 needs to assimilate them all into his universe :oops:
gotta love this place,great people,lots of fun,and we get to help people along the way ;) i'd be lost without it now ..and SPBLAM:
WP_20201206_20_59_19_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PattyNot if you plumb it with the outlet and inlet on top, it will hold water inside the UV unit and it won't crust over, just run it periodically to replace the water inside ;Smuggrin or run it constantly at the algae killing rate and tune down for parasites when needed
My Man GIF by memecandy

Episode 6 GIF by BBC Three

What threads are those? @fishguy242 needs to assimilate them all into his universe :oops:
Hes working on it. Ill let fate work its magic and he will find them along his path of r2r destiny.
gotta love this place,great people,lots of fun,and we get to help people along the way ;) i'd be lost without it now ..and SPBLAM:
WP_20201206_20_59_19_Pro.jpg
You sound like me 2.5 years ago when i lost my pooch and started reefing instead of getting another dog.

Started this tag #r2r4life

And it won the r2r hashtag contest. Tag stories like ours, the good things this community does for each other, whether it be sharing advice, successes and failures, #honestyinreefing 's, or just givin away frags and unused equipment. The community is top notch here. And thats why ill never leave.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Rock is rinses and soaking in fresh water and Prime. Dosed 25% more than recommended. Will grab a Chlorine test strip kit from the lfs, and some more Seachem Coral Crete. I need to secure the branch to the base rocks... it came apart during the scape finalizing. Meh.

Pops is on his way over to kick 2x6's around and hopefully by the end of today, ill have a mock stand built to begin dry fitting and routing.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Raege and @fishguy242, run the UV on a separate pump to leave your return dialed in...

I'm in the process of hooking the 40b fuge and reactor into their own pump/manifold so I can leave the return alone :)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Raege and @fishguy242, run the UV on a separate pump to leave your return dialed in...

I'm in the process of hooking the 40b fuge and reactor into their own pump/manifold so I can leave the return alone :)
Its not going to mess with my return tho, cuz its inline. Gate valve set to algae spore kill mode and leave it running 24/7 through the uv. It wont change if i leave the flow open to it.

If i decide to dial it back to target parasites and microorganisms, i will just turn down the knob to the 2nd sweet spot i find for that setting. Just 2 predetermined return settings, and im golden. And its a much cheaper option.

Maybe I'll change my mind. U know how that goes ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad just left, we are officially ready to order the UV. And then a trip the hardware store to get the loose ends i need.

20201207_160657.jpg

I have made a decision on the 125. The cost and hours to refinish it to a standard i presonally require to sell to someone. I wont sell garbage. So im going to salvage all the 1" piping of the back, gate valve, and the 2 bulkheads for the returns, and repurpose them on the cube sump. I will sell the overflow with the unions already plumbed.

Then the 125 is going to the dump. Its 20 years old. Im gonna send her off with a proper hammer. The juice just aint worth the squeeze. Not when i can repurpose the plumbing.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And what the FU-DSEY? I'm not cool enough to agree with too, I see how it is :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the FU-DSEY?
Coin. Patent. Distribute.
I love it.

Just got back from the LFS. No chlorine test kits? What the fudsey is up with that jazz? Man im using that filtering forever!

Snagged another tube of coral crete to fix some oopsies with the rock.

And then, right before i cashed out, i saw this on the wall. I messaged the owner and he price matched the online list. Couldnt believe it. The only one he had was the EXACT one i planned to buy anyways.
20201207_175618.jpg

Touchdown.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm envisioning a dark distressed look on the stand... whats the plan for it?

You're welcome ;Smuggrin @Fudsey is going to Fu-dsing hate me;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Dark for sure. My taste.

Keith is gonna love that. Trust me! That will never die.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back