Deepwater

Im so Psycho HAHAHA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i can say is

3d-coeurs-yeux-langue.gif

can i be # 1000 on the list lol ,,ill galdly wait my turn ;)

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No flash on the new pic. It was just in a spot with a lot of light. The older shot was partially blocked by the photobox so it looks kinda dim.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what I asked you for a frag 2 weeks ago :hammer:.. dang westcoasters :D

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running 20k bulbs? I'm noticing some of my true eagle eyes developing the same crazy mouth...

I've had them under a 150W Phoenix 14K.

Just to clarify one point. The ones I have didn't actually "morph" while I had them. They came that way on a colony and I cut them out to grow separately. Now I am not sure if others will morph into something like this, which is entirely possible, but I still have parts of the original colony and they still look the same and none have developed the additional coloration. Also, not only does the mouth have that crazy green pattern, but there is also some yellow coloration that radiates out from the mouth.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was that what you were trying to say? All you wrote was "I want frags....." eastcoasters :rolleyes: Well, today is your lucky day. You just moved up a spot :D Sorry, Deepwater.

:D Thanks Kenny.. Sorry Ronen ( deep) .. Kenny might be going to Cali on sept u better give me your address ;)

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Thanks Kenny.. Sorry Ronen ( deep) .. Kenny might be going to Cali on sept u better give me your address ;)

Cool, which part of Cali? It's a big state man :D If you are going to be in the LA area, we have to get together. Hopefully, my 300 gallon tank will be cycled and stocked by then.

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those do look sweet. I was lucky enough to get some similar if not exactly the same Zoas from Vietnam. I fragged out the ones that looked like yours But unfortunately they all turned into the the one you can see on the right of your updated pic. Maybe it was my lighting. I really hope yours maintain those colors as they are amazing.

efishnsea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not fragged mine out yet, I'm scared!!!! I have about 20 or so polyps of the Kaleidoscopes mixed in with these unknown purple and green palys. Should I just cut the rock on the tile saw into pieces and hope for the best or place a small piece of rubble the colony and wait for them to grow out onto it?????

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those do look sweet. I was lucky enough to get some similar if not exactly the same Zoas from Vietnam. I fragged out the ones that looked like yours But unfortunately they all turned into the the one you can see on the right of your updated pic. Maybe it was my lighting. I really hope yours maintain those colors as they are amazing.

I've noticed almost the same thing on the very first frag I made a while back. The recent frags all look the same as the parent colony though.

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not fragged mine out yet, I'm scared!!!! I have about 20 or so polyps of the Kaleidoscopes mixed in with these unknown purple and green palys. Should I just cut the rock on the tile saw into pieces and hope for the best or place a small piece of rubble the colony and wait for them to grow out onto it?????

I would try to frag out the individual polyps if you can. Just use a sharp blade and cut around the ones you want. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

pookstreet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, here are a couple of pics of 2 frags I made last week. I have a couple of others healing right now. Sorry for the bad pics. They were in a corner of the tank where it's partially shaded by the photobox. I'll try to take some better shots later today or tomorrow.

Frag 1
DSCN8485.jpg

Frag 2
DSCN8487.jpg

Of course, I am looking to trade first if at all possible. If we can't work out a trade, then I would like to sell these for $15/polyp since they are rather slow growers and it took a long time for the original couple of polyps to grow to the current size.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back