Kalk and CaRx Effluent Dosing Location

Sarlindescent

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2015
Messages
145
Reaction score
140
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my new sump, tideline 36, and am wondering the best section to put my dosing lines for kalk reactor and CaRx. I can either dose using the stock holes in the return chamber, or I can tap some RO fittings into the drain section. Advise?
20220130_232956.jpg
 
I always thought the return chamber was best; right in front of the pump intake.
 
PXL_20220131_052412437.MP.jpg

This is my tideline sump arrangement. CaRx effluent is the yellow line to the right, dripping on some CaRx media over the bubble trap before return chamber. Kalk reactor is to the left, outside the sump, dripping into an unused drain line hole.
 
Thanks for the opinions. @ReefBeta I think you could fit 3 more devices down there lol. Im going to tap the sump and test it out. If the ph is too low, I'll try moving the CaRx over to the return and if Kalk clogs the pumps, I can move that as well.
 
Didn't want to start a new thread but is the preferred dosing location for Kalk in the drain section and CaRx effluent into the return section of a sump?

What are the negative effects of swapping those or having both dose into the return section or skimmer section?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new