Kalk in RODI vs Saltwater

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YOU are the least of my concerns in posting on this board.

OK, good to know. I thought you said I was the problem.

Certainly, if folks are calling you stupid, that is against the terms of service and you should report it. I know it does not happen in the chemistry forum.

The various experts here are very accustomed to a wide range of questions at all different ability levels, and we take them in stride. We never insult folks for asking a question.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah, so why don't you let them?

RTQ

Decide for themselves.

Last I checked, mind control was not one of my special abilities.

We strive to provide suitable options for folks, and they decide for themselves.

In this case, of calcium and alkalinity supplementation, there is no one perfect answer, which is why lots of folks use lots of different methods. There are answers out of the mainstream, and many of these are for good reasons that we can described and help guide folks to their own personal understanding. Mixing calcium hydroxide into seawater for dosing is one of those. :)

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, good to know. I thought you said I was the problem.
You are, because you won't accept information and you make assumptions that are completely unstated, but as stated the least of my problems here.

Certainly, if folks are calling you stupid, that is against the terms of service and you should report it. I know it does not happen in the chemistry forum.

The various experts here are very accustomed to a wide range of questions at all different ability levels, and we take them in stride. We never insult folks for asking a question.
I think that we have all been around the internet long enough to know how to insult someone politely, and to gang up on someone we don't like.
HuduVudu said:
There is a way to do this, but I am reluctant to discuss it here because being Galleo sux. If you want PM me.
lol

Better keep it secret. The light of day will burn it.

Case in point.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We strive to provide suitable options for folks, and they decide for themselves.
So let all provide those suitable options counter when necessary. You are horrible about wrangling a post to death if someone disagrees. This is incredibly frustrating.

In this case, of calcium and alkalinity supplementation, there is no one perfect answer, which is why lots of folks use lots of different methods. There are answers out of the mainstream, and many of these are for good reasons that we can described and help guide folks to their own personal understanding. Mixing calcium hydroxide into seawater for dosing is one of those. :)
Posted earlier this very nice response would have ended a lot of the extraneousness of this post.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let all provide those suitable options counter when necessary. You are horrible about wrangling a post to death if someone disagrees. This is incredibly frustrating.

Posted earlier this very nice response would have ended a lot of the extraneousness of this post.

Sorry it frustrates you.

I rarely argue about what husbandry technique is "best".

I argue about what the ramifications of any given technique are. The ramifications of dissolving calcium hydroxide in seawater for dosing are very substantial, which is why it isn't done that way.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back