kalk reactor

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking of using a kalk reactor or dosing kalk which would be better i live in a apartment ground floor its towards the back of the building ph is very low 7.6 to 7.7 ive tried a co2 scrubber got it to 7.8 but the media goes in less than a week also put a hose on the skimmer ran the other end outside the window nothing which would be better not looking to run it via my ato heard to many bad things

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try and recirculate the air in the CO2 scrubber by attaching the CO2 input line to the top of the skimmer cup? Found scrubber to be more efficient and got pH up to 8.4.

With this recirculated air method, I find that my media last for 4 months. (Only got 3 weeks to a month when CO2 scrubber pulled air from around tank.)

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lid has tiny holes on the lid as well as one for the float switch that came with it should i cover all the holes on the lid besides the float switch that has a air tight seal if so what should i use

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking of using a kalk reactor or dosing kalk which would be better i live in a apartment ground floor its towards the back of the building ph is very low 7.6 to 7.7 ive tried a co2 scrubber got it to 7.8 but the media goes in less than a week also put a hose on the skimmer ran the other end outside the window nothing which would be better not looking to run it via my ato heard to many bad things

stay the course. Replace the media and keep going. You’re so low the media will be depleted faster upon initial use. Work on the recirculation of air from the skimmer cup as noted above to increase media longevity. Bring up the average lows so your average high at the end of your lighting cycle can also rise.

It took me about 2 weeks to start getting things corrected but once I did its a game changer.

good luck

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back