Kalk stirrer and how to set it up

ShepherdTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I purchased a Kalk stirrer and want to know how I should use it. I have a Neptune ATK which I currently use to replace the Evap/top things off. I also have a DOS which I am have not yet started using for anything. I understand you can use either one, not sure if I should just use it with the ATK or whether I need to use the DOS. The ATK PMUP would require as siphon break using a tee connector (read if not using a peristaltic pump that I need to install one)?

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on how much kalk you want to add to the tank. I’m adding about two gallons a day using an avast marine peristaltic pump to my stirrer. My atk makes up the difference. I think DOS would be over kill price wise.

Even Further

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my kalk stirrer off a coral box WiFi doser. I felt my ATO dispensed too much water at once. With the doser, it’s a precise controlled amount per day. With the ATO, it would dispense based on dayly evap rate, which fluctuates throughout the year.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back